• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Websites that SUCK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a horrible looking site and I thought I was an expert.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

As a matter of interest, where did this start? I can't find reference to it on Webpagesthatsuck.com - where did you get the info OP?

Comment

We are experiencing problems with the new member centre. Please click here to access the old member centre.

Comment

It reminds me of mid-1990s web sites.

Oh, and Top Gear Magazine from the same era; whoever did that had clearly got their first DTP package and obviously needed to try out every font and colour available.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            As a matter of interest, where did this start? I can't find reference to it on Webpagesthatsuck.com - where did you get the info OP?
            Be are my ISP. I'm very happy with them. This afternoon they sent me (and everyone else) an e-mail announcing there new website design.

This site is so bad that I am now worried about there service and thinking about looking for another provider. For the future of the company they have to pull it.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              This site is so bad that I am now worried about there service and thinking about looking for another provider.
              If you do, do make sure you include your Avatar and member name with the comment "... and if I think the image you are portraying is poor... "
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                If you do, do make sure you include your Avatar and member name with the comment "... and if I think the image you are portraying is poor... "
                and a link to his blog to show how to do things more tastefully?

Comment

I got that email too

"View email in HTML

http://be.beunlimited.co.uk/rp//224/...071AD052C95E35

Yes, that's right, we've got a new look and feel. Check it out at

http://be.beunlimited.co.uk/rp//224/...0F02F84589E156

and give us your feedback via the forum (details below).

What and why?

When BE launched in September 2005 the idea was to revolutionise the UK broadband market. We certainly did that and in the process many like minded people joined us in that revolution.

Since then we have seen the dawn of Web 2.0 and Social Media, and to be frank we haven't done much about it. In particular the one area that hasn't changed much has been our website, so we've taken the liberty to make it much better.

We've involved some of you in this change and have created a straight forward identity that over time will evolve, change and adapt with input from all sorts of people (and machines).

BE wants to get out of the way and give you the opportunity to carry on with creating the new, continue defining the internet. So from now on it's for both of us to "create the new" across the web.

You may see some minor updates to our t's and c's, but don't worry we'll be sending another email with details of the changes soon.

More stuff to do

Check out our new website at

http://be.beunlimited.co.uk/rp//224/...438E18BE7CD7A9

and sign in to your account using your existing details. It's packed with tons more stuff. We've even created new ways for you to contact us such as live chatting with call centre agents and we've now got a pretty cool 'Got a Question' function to help you solve some of your day to day broadband queries.

Just to let you know, we've been so busy with the website that some of our emails are still the old brand, they'll all be done soonish but in the meantime please bear with the retro pink asterisk.

We really hope you enjoy, but we also know it's not perfect and would love to get your comments, so if you have anything you'd like to raise please go to the Forum, Be Discussion, New Brand Comments.

http://be.beunlimited.co.uk/rp//224/...C23C293B010928

Thanks

Everyone @ BE"
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Going through the Be* forum, it looks like almost all feedback has been negative and several express their concern that the service may decline and looking for alternatives - it has crossed my mind too.

The agency is 'Dave' (http://www.dave.biz). Definitely one to avoid.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Someone has read Jakob Nielsen's book.
                      Which one? He's written several.

Whichever it is, they've ignored everything Nielsen says in there

Comment

Working...
                      X