• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit the queen.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      There's lots of clothes and shoe shops in Covent Garden
      Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      No, no, no, no, and NO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        There's lots of clothes and shoe shops in Covent Garden
        Oh, and while you're going round those, you can park Churchill at the conveniently-located London Transport Museum, where he can have fun playing on the old buses and learning about tube trains

Comment

I just want to be a tourist for a day or two...

OK, here's a list:

Tait Modern, Tower of London, Natural History Museum, West End Show, London Eye, Borough Markets, Notting Hill (Portabello markets), Camden Markets, changing of the guard, movie at leicester square, speakers corner in hyde park, covent garden, shopping (in and around sooho), tourist bus ride hop on and off thing, jack the ripper walking tour (Friends of mine loved that), eat out in some amazing restaurants (Recommend a few if ya want), kew gardens ...

Umm there's more - want them?
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The Tower. For lunch/dinner go across tower bridge to the chop house on Butlers wharf. Steak and Kidney pudding with oysters.

Tussauds and planetarium.

St Pauls.

The London Eye.

The markets used to be good, but what was once bohemian is now toursit trap central.
            Camden, Borough and Spitalfields spring to mind.

Take a walk down the river, see the Golden Hind, Globe Theatre and the Clink.

Take an open top bus tour too.

I may be a bit out of date. It has been a while.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Right, sensible answers please.

Girly and I are visiting London for a wedding. We've decided to do a little sight-seeing while there.

Any serious suggestions?
              (As for the Diana Fountain... FFS!)
              you're all getting soft on your old age, I cant believe no-one has suggested you take her up the OXO tower ...

IGMC
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

See that wasn't so hard - Thanks boys!!

Prawny
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Cool! You can get a London eye and a dungeon ticket all in one!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Dont forget to check out if there are any sporting events on or big gigs.

Oh, and how about taking her up the Oxo tower?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      No, no, no, no, and NO!!!
                      WHS!

Anyhoo -

try:

Natural History/Science/V&A Museums (all along the same road)
                      London Aquarium / London Eye (both relatively close to Waterloo)
                      Greenwich Park / Observatory / Planetarium (close to my gaff, and BPs)

Comment

Working...
                      X