• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Cool! You can get a London eye and a dungeon ticket all in one!
    And a queue a mile long ... that's a day right there

BTW If you like shopping, there's a very big shiny new shopping centre in west london - biggest in europe I believe, and it's quite good (Sorry churchy).
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      you're all getting soft on your old age, I cant believe no-one has suggested you take her up the OXO tower ...

IGMC
      Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      See that wasn't so hard - Thanks boys!!

Prawny
      that's right, the OXO tower
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        OK, here's a list:

Tait Modern, Tower of London, Natural History Museum, West End Show, London Eye, Borough Markets, Notting Hill (Portabello markets), Camden Markets, changing of the guard, movie at leicester square, speakers corner in hyde park, covent garden, shopping (in and around sooho), tourist bus ride hop on and off thing, jack the ripper walking tour (Friends of mine loved that), eat out in some amazing restaurants (Recommend a few if ya want), kew gardens ...

Umm there's more - want them?
        Like the sound of that!

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        The Tower. For lunch/dinner go across tower bridge to the chop house on Butlers wharf. Steak and Kidney pudding with oysters.

Tussauds and planetarium.

St Pauls.

The London Eye.

The markets used to be good, but what was once bohemian is now toursit trap central.
        Camden, Borough and Spitalfields spring to mind.

Take a walk down the river, see the Golden Hind, Globe Theatre and the Clink.

Take an open top bus tour too.

I may be a bit out of date. It has been a while.
        Really fancy the bus tour too!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Tower.. London Dungeon... Aquarium.... Harolds (Harrods) & other expensive poncy Knightsbridge emporiums.... The Museums... The Zoo...

<pause for breath>
          Possibly worth jumping on one of the SiteSeeing Buses... and hoping on/off when something takes your fancy.....

<gasp>
          Borough Market (esp Friday)..... Real Tacky Touristy but good food and stuff

Hit Covent Garden for Late Afternoon/Evening.....

China Town (the Wankee if its still there) for Scoff as much as you can.....

(Early) Afternoon Tea at the Ritz.... I would actually go to the Dorchester cos the tea is better but the Ritz is sort of Traditional.......

Seriously..... Think of one thing.. find out where and when is best/possible and then do that and work in a couple of others if you can......

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Tussauds and planetarium.
            Just remember that the Planetarium that used to be next to Tussauds is no more. You need to hoof it over the Greenwich if you want to do star gazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              Tower.. London Dungeon... Aquarium.... Harolds (Harrods) & other expensive poncy Knightsbridge emporiums.... The Museums... The Zoo...

<pause for breath>
              Possibly worth jumping on one of the SiteSeeing Buses... and hoping on/off when something takes your fancy.....

<gasp>
              Borough Market (esp Friday)..... Real Tacky Touristy but good food and stuff

Hit Covent Garden for Late Afternoon/Evening.....

China Town (the winkee if its still there) for Scoff as much as you can.....

(Early) Afternoon Tea at the Ritz.... I would actually go to the Dorchester cos the tea is better but the Ritz is sort of Traditional.......

Seriously..... Think of one thing.. find out where and when is best/possible and then do that and work in a couple of others if you can......
              I like the sound of Borough Market - we went to the Market Porter for the CUK piss up last summer and the market looked ace! Plus we saw the whole Wasps team there
              Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                that's right, the OXO tower
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  Just remember that the Planetarium that used to be next to Tussauds is no more. You need to hoof it over the Greenwich if you want to do star gazing.
                  Might be heading Greenwich way for a couple of beers anyway...

Comment

Go out in search of a litter bin. I couldn't find any last time I was there.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                      best place in London, innit?

Comment

Working...
                      X