• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council Flats and Stat A Lites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What's that got to do with anything? What's wrong with finding unemployed people something to do in order to get their benefits?
    If you're going to find them something to do for their benefits then pay them a real wage and call it a job!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      What's that got to do with anything? What's wrong with finding unemployed people something to do in order to get their benefits?
      It is not that simple though is it.
      If there is a legitimate job there then advertise it properly. If it is a proper job then pay the going rate for it.
      Neither you nor I have the right to tell someone that they have to do a menial task to get benefits, particularly those who have paid large amounts when employed.
      There are so many reasons why your idea would not work. I dont have the time to explain why.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I don't know the area you are talking about, but if it's typical of most places in the country, most of those flats will be in private ownership right now, thanks to the wonderful Tory Right-to-buy scheme which meant the council housing stock was sold off for bargain prices and local authorities were banned from reinvesting the cash made into new stock.

Many people in these cheaper, ex-council stock are really 'menial' - you know, like nurses, teachers, firemen... people who contribute far more to society/the human race than you or I. Why should they then not have Sky TV - is that the privledge of the middle classes? (incidently, you aren't one of these - if you work for a living, if you aren't independently wealthy, you are working class, although most try to deny it).

Because I want to work for a living and don't want to live in a council house. I have pride.
        You can be proud of your home, no matter where it is. My sister's council house is nicer than your home, I guarantee it. She keeps it spotless, well decorated, and manages this despite four years on a student wage, as a single mother (yes! one of those) who will, tomorrow, graduate as a midwife. She has every right to be proud right now - and you have no reason whatsoever to look down on people you don't even know, and imagine the worst, because of what they live in and what you perceive as there 'station' in life.
        Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

A few weeks ago I read of a boy that had just left school and was getting 90 quid a week in benefits while living with his parents. He was interviewed and said that he had no wish to work at the moment as he was having too much fun with his mates.

Even JSA only pays 64 quid a week, so how in heaven's name he gets 90 quid beggars belief when he has paid no tax whatsoever in his life.

My opinion is that the whole benefits system is absolute garbage. No wonder HMG are losing us a billion pounds every two days.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            A few weeks ago I read of a boy that had just left school and was getting 90 quid a week in benefits while living with his parents. He was interviewed and said that he had no wish to work at the moment as he was having too much fun with his mates.

Even JSA only pays 64 quid a week, so how in heaven's name he gets 90 quid beggars belief when he has paid no tax whatsoever in his life.

My opinion is that the whole benefits system is absolute garbage. No wonder HMG are losing us a billion pounds every two days.

Was it in the Daily Wail?

Comment

I think I can explain this. Like most of your posts, it is utter bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                I think I can explain this. Like most of your posts, it is utter bollocks.

You'd like it to be, but unfortunately it is kosher. The country is Fcuuuked !!

Comment

No, it is bollocks.

Comment

Twat.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Moscow Mule is such a great bloke.

Comment

Working...
                      X