• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council Flats and Stat A Lites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a bizarre documentary where they discussed a plan to solve this problem once and for all. First they used GM to create these three legged walking six foot plants with lethal stingers. Then they put satelites up with gamma ray nodules.
    They planned to set off the nodules one night to blind all the chavs then set the plants free to eat them.

Luckily it was rumbled by some bloke called Coker or something.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

you been watching re runs of day of the triffids?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        If you think it is such a free ride why dont you try it?

Being long term unemployed is soul destroying.

Not every slum is a council house. Not every council house is a slum. Not everyone in a council house is on benefits.
        Because I want to work for a living and don't want to live in a council house. I have pride.
        Being long term unemployed is only soul destroying if you actually want to work.
        I'm not talking about those people.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          What a stupid post.

(a) Who are you to decide what people spend their pittance on?
          (b) What makes you think that people who live in Council Houses DONT work?
          You obviously don't understand what I'm talking about.
          £40 p/m is not pittance if you claim JSA and you are not working legit.
          You know what people I'm talking about.
          People who claim JSA and work for cash, etc. etc.
          I'm not deciding what people spend their pittance on. It's a point of view that I have. I don't think 000s of chavs are cancelling they're sky subscriptions now because I posted this.
          Get off your high horse.

Comment

Hang 'em, bring back National Service etc. etc.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I'm afraid that I've never been long-term unemployed, although for a time in my late 20s was not working due to being ill. I can absolutely understand the reason why it is that people consider long-term unemployment to be soul destroying.

Comment

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
                You obviously don't understand what I'm talking about.
                £40 p/m is not pittance if you claim JSA and you are not working legit.
                You know what people I'm talking about.
                People who claim JSA and work for cash, etc. etc.
                I'm not deciding what people spend their pittance on. It's a point of view that I have. I don't think 000s of chavs are cancelling they're sky subscriptions now because I posted this.
                Get off your high horse.
                So you went pass a council estate, saw a load of satellites and assumed everyone living there was on JSA, working illegally and had the life of riley watching sky, listening to ipods and buffing their new trainers ...

And SA is on a high horse ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Known as the ‘benefits capital of Britain’, Falinge, Rochdale is home to 1,141 people of working age – and only 651 of them hold down jobs. The rest of its inhabitants are supported by state benefits, with the majority of them ‘on the sick’, claiming incapacity benefits. Conditions that qualify for incapacity payments include alcoholism, stress and obesity.
                  There are 2.6 million people in the UK claiming incapacity benefits for being too ill to work or seek employment; this accounts for 4.6% of the population. However 42.9% of Falinge residents rely on sick benefits - making Falinge the sickest place in Britain.

Cost to the UK taxpayer each week = £41,405
                  The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    So you went pass a council estate, saw a load of satellites and assumed everyone living there was on JSA, working illegally and had the life of riley watching sky, listening to ipods and buffing their new trainers ...

And SA is on a high horse ...
                    did I say everyone? No. Read the original post again and get your facts right before you have a go.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      If you think it is such a free ride why dont you try it?

Being long term unemployed is soul destroying.

Not every slum is a council house. Not every council house is a slum. Not everyone in a council house is on benefits.
                      What's that got to do with anything? What's wrong with finding unemployed people something to do in order to get their benefits?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X