• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you think of it, all of these sports that the southern hemisphere colonials have taken to so gleefully were just pastimes bequeathed to them by the motherland anyway. I doubt they had the gumption to invent games of their own that did not involve barking at the moon or disembowelling wild animals. Desperate attempts to win some form of acceptance by those of us blessed with being born in these sceptred islands is what it boils down to.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Lee is now a doubt.

Comment

Yeah, just had a look at an Aussie news site and it says he's doubtful for the first 2 tests. I didn't think he deserved a spot in the side before his performance in the last tour match.
        Last edited by Jet Setter; 6 July 2009, 16:22. Reason: typo

Comment

Oh dear! Phil Tufnell's Ashes 'Vindaloo'.
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            Oh dear! Phil Tufnell's Ashes 'Vindaloo'.
            Oh dear indeed.

Filmed at Twickenham cricket club, my wife is in that video.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Oh dear indeed.

Filmed at Twickenham cricket club, my wife is in that video.
              Ye gods that's grim.

I didn't know you're married to a Queen Liz impersonator

Comment

It will be interesting.

The Australians I talked to in Australia in April were downbeat about their side's chances and I have never, ever, heard an Australian talk like that.

But there are still some who think it will be a whitewash
                http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...001505,00.html (SFW)

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  When you think of it, all of these sports that the southern hemisphere colonials have taken to so gleefully were just pastimes bequeathed to them by the motherland anyway. I doubt they had the gumption to invent games of their own that did not involve barking at the moon or disembowelling wild animals.
                  What about Aussie Rules football?

Hang on, there's no rules so that's not a real sport.

Comment

England: Strauss (C), Cook, Bopara, Pietersen, Collingwood, Prior (W), Flintoff, Broad, Swann, Anderson, Panesar
                    Australia: Katich, Hughes, Ponting (C), M Clarke, M Hussey, North, Haddin (W), M Johnson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Hauritz
                    Crikey, the aussies are playing their spinner.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      What about Aussie Rules football?

Hang on, there's no rules so that's not a real sport.
                      It's a lot like Gaelic football, I believe (although I can't say I know much about that!) so still came from migrants.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X