• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

85 Sharia courts in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Abolition of some grammar schools has actually caused greater integration although lowered the standard of education generally. But seriously, you cannot compare religious segregation with educational segregation.

Segregating the intelligent from those that need special attention in order to keep up can only be a good thing, so that kids that have the ability to learn more quickly can, and thus benefit UK PLC in the long-run.

I actually practise segregation on this BB by putting morons such as Snore and Crassguru on my ignore list. So there are times when it can be beneficial.
    You obvously did not read my post correctly. Nowhere do I mention segragation by ability. I only mention segregation by economic ability. That is just as damaging as the current level of religous segregation.
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hmm, quick flip through.

Ah yes, Torquemada as a valid comparison with present day Islam, what do a few centuries matter? And normal class divisions are certainly comparable to those between a modern secular state and fundamentalist Islam. And a sane retort to a comment on faith schools promoting division? "You may as well say all schools should be in the same place" Love the argument.

There are some idiots on this board and Cyberman isn't one of them. As stated on another thread I am somewhat surprised by the abusive nature of comments by Snaw and Sas, bright chaps both, but if some others have a single logically functioning brain cell it isn't very apparent.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 1 July 2009, 15:22.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Oh we had a fun day didn't we!
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

bump

Comment

Latest news this morning is that forced marriages have risen by 300%.

Comment

There's hope for you yet , you old queen.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                There's hope for you yet , you old queen.

Always the bridesmaid never the groom.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Always the bridesmaid never the groom.
                  I get the feeling Cyber is more the bride type, if you get my drift.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I get the feeling Cyber is more the bride type, if you get my drift.
                    Less Magnum PI, more Higgins.

Comment

Then there's a chance for you yet!
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X