• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "85 Sharia courts in the UK"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Latest news this morning is that forced marriages have risen by 300%.
    Then there's a chance for you yet!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I get the feeling Cyber is more the bride type, if you get my drift.
    Less Magnum PI, more Higgins.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Always the bridesmaid never the groom.
    I get the feeling Cyber is more the bride type, if you get my drift.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    There's hope for you yet , you old queen.

Always the bridesmaid never the groom.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    There's hope for you yet , you old queen.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Oh we had a fun day didn't we!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmm, quick flip through.

Ah yes, Torquemada as a valid comparison with present day Islam, what do a few centuries matter? And normal class divisions are certainly comparable to those between a modern secular state and fundamentalist Islam. And a sane retort to a comment on faith schools promoting division? "You may as well say all schools should be in the same place" Love the argument.

There are some idiots on this board and Cyberman isn't one of them. As stated on another thread I am somewhat surprised by the abusive nature of comments by Snaw and Sas, bright chaps both, but if some others have a single logically functioning brain cell it isn't very apparent.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 1 July 2009, 15:22.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Abolition of some grammar schools has actually caused greater integration although lowered the standard of education generally. But seriously, you cannot compare religious segregation with educational segregation.

Segregating the intelligent from those that need special attention in order to keep up can only be a good thing, so that kids that have the ability to learn more quickly can, and thus benefit UK PLC in the long-run.

I actually practise segregation on this BB by putting morons such as Snore and Crassguru on my ignore list. So there are times when it can be beneficial.
    You obvously did not read my post correctly. Nowhere do I mention segragation by ability. I only mention segregation by economic ability. That is just as damaging as the current level of religous segregation.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    And other Christians such as the Hugenots.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    However the Catholic religion does not promote intolerance of other religions or of the rights of other people to follow which ever relegion they wish.
    Mmmm - there's a fair few Native South Americans who might disagree with that. Not to mention former Spanish Jews, heretics and other non-believers.
    Or did they not tell you about Torquemada?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    If you need proof for a commonsense observation then you really do have a problem.
    You have commonsense? I've yet to see any...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I actually practise segregation on this BB by putting morons such as Snore and Crassguru on my ignore list. So there are times when it can be beneficial.
    Isn't that discrimination?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Any proof? Oh wait your statements are all the proof we need because you know everything. Well..at least what you get off the various websites you read and then paste onto here.

This society is segregated already..the rich hang out with the rich, the middle class hang out with the middle class and royalty that have orgies amongst themselves. Very rarely is there any intermixing going on between these groups. Do you also have a solution for that?

If you need proof for a commonsense observation then you really do have a problem.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X