• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTC new smart phone: FAIL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used the iPhone and could afford one, but I don't want one. I know that's hard for iPhone/Mac zealots to understand... technically it's pretty neat (though there's not much revolutionary there), but I want a phone which makes phoning/texting as simple as possible. Everything else is just fluff - useful fluff sometimes but I'd rather have a phone with a proper keypad.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      These posts are usually from someone who falls into one of two camps:

1) Someone who has never used an iPhone.

2) Someone who is green with envy because they don't/can't have one.

Which are you? I would guess 2
      Don't talk sh!te. Not everyone wants what the iPhone provides, at any price.

My E71 does exactly what I require when it doesn't then I'll find a phone that does. I doubt it will be an iPhone as I'm not a fan of touchscreen phones.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I've used the iPhone and could afford one, but I don't want one. I know that's hard for iPhone/Mac zealots to understand... technically it's pretty neat (though there's not much revolutionary there), but I want a phone which makes phoning/texting as simple as possible. Everything else is just fluff - useful fluff sometimes but I'd rather have a phone with a proper keypad.
        You have revealed a lot about your knowledge (or lack thereof) regarding Information Architecture, Usability and Industrial Design for that matter.

Which mobile do you use?
        You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Don't talk sh!te. Not everyone wants what the iPhone provides, at any price.

My E71 does exactly what I require when it doesn't then I'll find a phone that does. I doubt it will be an iPhone as I'm not a fan of touchscreen phones.
          The E71 looks like it was drawn by a child.

Comment

In what way?

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e71-pictures-2425.php
            Last edited by Churchill; 25 June 2009, 10:04.

Comment

You are not going to like my 6310i then.

What makes you think you have the right to pass judgement on anybody on this board?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I've never understood the whole apple fanboy thing.

Normal people turn into fundamentalists at the least bit of criticism. S'like steve jobs is the apple crack dealer and you're all his bitches.

They're cool, and I'd take one but they're not that cool - it's just a phone, and mac's are just computers and at the end of the day it's just a tool.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  I've never understood the whole apple fanboy thing.

Normal people turn into fundamentalists at the least bit of criticism. S'like steve jobs is the apple crack dealer and you're all his bitches.

They're cool, and I'd take one but they're not that cool - it's just a phone, and mac's are just computers and at the end of the day they're owned by tools.
                  Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    You are not going to like my 6310i then.

What makes you think you have the right to pass judgement on anybody on this board?
                    A grounding in User Interface design, I'm passing judgement on design not people.

The 6310i is a great phone by the way.

Comment

A grounding in User Interface design, I'm passing judgement on design not people.

The 6310i is a great phone by the way.
                      Have you ever developed a mobile phone UI?

Comment

Working...
                      X