• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HTC new smart phone: FAIL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    .... that sends calls straight to answer phone and still has a crap camera?
    is this in your experience, or have people told you this/you've read it in a review.

I've had my iPhone for 6 months now and its never happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      You don't but a camera that is nearly as good as decent compact is commonplace on most phones these days, the technology is there, it’s cheap (unlike the iphone) yet they continue to offer a substandard camera while almost every other manufacturer offers something decent within their range..
      no argument there... i use my camera occasionally but not often an even then its for capturing a scenario or situation and not a high quality photo...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Can the new one do MMS or act as a 3g modem? The lack of these was a determinant last time as I do use both extensively.

Comment

not sure about the modem, but I believe it can handle MMS
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Can the new one do MMS or act as a 3g modem? The lack of these was a determinant last time as I do use both extensively.
            Yes and Yes. You might have to pay extra for tethering.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

HTC Magic is pretty good. Lacks multi-touch, or rather Google won't switch it on.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Mate of mine works in advertising, and has a membership for Shoreditch house - kind of wanky private members club, full of advertising types who wear suit jackets and jeans, you know the ones (Though the burds are well fit).

Anyway, I don't think I saw anyone who didn't have an iphone in there, the whole evening. Almost put me off (Well that and the ******* stupid price) ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Yeah but my Super NES is better than your Megadrive etc. etc.
                  You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8117382.stm

Honestly they are so out of their league...

I was really hoping something might put an end to the one horse race. There's nothing to see here move on, next...

Hardly an unbiassed comment from someone who's every other post is "get a Mac"

It's only a phone...

Get a life!
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                      Hardly an unbiassed comment from someone who's every other post is "get a Mac"

It's only a phone...

Get a life!
                      These posts are usually from someone who falls into one of two camps:

1) Someone who has never used an iPhone.

2) Someone who is green with envy because they don't/can't have one.

Which are you? I would guess 2
                      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
                      X