• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor's / Permie's Wives leave them after they lose their job ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor's / Permie's Wives leave them after they lose their job ?

How often do you find this ?

Do you think in part Britian has one of the highest divorce rates because of the lack of job security these days ?

What do you think it says about the wife when she will not ride out a bad patch in the relationship ...? apparently this happens alot.

My wife would leave me if my earnings dropped to below £100K/yr.

Luckily, with .NET, that could never happen.

Comment

You surely aint serious ?

Is marriage just a buyers and sellers market ?

sheeesh

Comment

Originally posted by messiah
        You surely aint serious ?

Is marriage just a buyers and sellers market ?

sheeesh
        Yes

Which is why so many go for a mail order: cheaper and tend to stay around. Odd really when you think about it.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Yes

Which is why so many go for a mail order: cheaper and tend to stay around. Odd really when you think about it.
          I think you're generalising your case to everyone. Some of us can rely on our personal qualities to attract women.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Woman

Generally if things get tough, the relationship gets harder and if the woman is not tied down or has options she may exercise them while you are down in the dumps.

Men will marry someone they love regardless of station but you will find most woman marry up. If it dawns on them that they made a mistake they will do soemthign about it.

Something for all menfolk to take on board. Woman are smarter,perceptive and more ruthless than we will ever be. Just deal with it.
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

excellent !

great news for divorce solicitors .....

I guess if you look at John Lennon and Yoko Ono ... you are right Sunnysan.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
                Generally if things get tough, the relationship gets harder and if the woman is not tied down or has options she may exercise them while you are down in the dumps.

Men will marry someone they love regardless of station but you will find most woman marry up. If it dawns on them that they made a mistake they will do soemthign about it.

Something for all menfolk to take on board. Woman are smarter,perceptive and more ruthless than we will ever be. Just deal with it.

...and I thought it was just my ex-wife!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Wifes just rang me to say I need to earn over £150K now to keep her. Damn.

Comment

I don't think I could go into bed with someone earning less than £120k a year
                    Sorry Franco....
                    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X