• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor's / Permie's Wives leave them after they lose their job ?"

Collapse

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Laugh if you must but I say ...

When I Fall In Love
    It will be Forever
    Should be replaced as:

When I Fall In Love
    It will be with someone earning over 120k
    or I'll never fall in Love

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Laugh if you must but I say ...

When I Fall In Love
    It will be Forever

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    50% was deemed relevant in our 21st century society

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAccountant
    replied
    What happened to

richer or poorer, better or worse, in sickness and in health?

Back on board

DA

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    I don't think I could go into bed with someone earning less than £120k a year
    Sorry Franco....
    But the opposite is indeed true, you would go to bed with anyone earning above 120k a year.

An italian joke:

A child asks the father what's the difference between theory and practice. So the father says call your mother without telling who you are and ask her if she would sleep with someone for 1 million pounds. He does that and the mother say "Of course, I would". Then, the father says to ask the same question to his sister and the answer is the same.

"So father, what's the difference?" - asks the boy.

The father replies... "well, in theory we are millionaires, in practice we have two whores in our family"

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by steve'O
    Yeah...Minus = He sells the Big issue Plus= He's great in bed
    Hmm, got me there...well to be honest sex/good in bed etc was certainly mentioned on the list at least, hmm........zero times.

The rest I must say was something of an insight...

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    Fleety I think you and your wife are getting used to the new routine, why do you have to stay at home 24x7?? why don't you get up and go to the golf course spend the whole day golfing or whatever then come back home late...
    I don't play golf. No, seriously, I do get out and about, have a beer, drive my silly cars etc.It's not a true 24/7 arrangement.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    I remember someone telling that people always want/talk about things they haven't got, hence women are always talking about feelings, mainly because they haven't got any.

I have to say I don't agree with him

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Fleety I think you and your wife are getting used to the new routine, why do you have to stay at home 24x7?? why don't you get up and go to the golf course spend the whole day golfing or whatever then come back home late...

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Mme Fleetwood and I are going through a bloody awful patch at the moment (not for the first time, it must be said) and I have been looking for a contract now for two months with only one face to face interview and a few phone interviews to show for it. Is this mere coincidence?

There is no financial issue as, having worked for seven years non-stop at Y2K rates, there is enough whonger saved to see us through a period of chômage.
    The biggest change is living together 24/7 after so long of me being away during the week. That is also difficult.

Entering Milan mode momentarily, there is a non-IT plan B which I'm looking seriously at.

Hey ho.

Leave a comment:

• partimer
    replied
    Steve,
    That's what batteries are for ...

Dim,
    You peasant. You'll have to learn SAP pronto.

Ms Loos,
    Going down market ?
    Beckham earns 4 million and he wants a pay rise !!!
    Settle for nothing less than 1 million a year. Anybody seen Ms Loo's new b00bies will know what I mean !

Wish the Rogerer of Rabbits was here. He'll know what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    Are you guys sure that your wives left you because you didn't have a contract, or was it because you were unable to cope with the pressure of being unemployed and you took it all on their wives and turned into control freaks at home??

But I do agree that women do marry up, naturally they like to pair up with someone who is able to protect them and be there to support them both financially and emotionally... if the man has no job and becomes impossible to live with then you are not providing the financial or emotional support ... if your relationship was loving and very strong it should be able to accomodate for that , the wife would switch roles in providing the man with the emotional and perhaps financial support if needed.. we all know many wives stand up by their husbands side even if they fall seriously sick or have affairs, as long as they see that you are being appreciative and loving they'll stick with you.. ... but if your relationship was based on the man controlling every aspect and there is no love then the only reason their wives stuck by their side before is the financial support, once that is not there then there is no reason for them to stick around...

SO it's not about having a big one then?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Are you guys sure that your wives left you because you didn't have a contract, or was it because you were unable to cope with the pressure of being unemployed and you took it all on their wives and turned into control freaks at home??

But I do agree that women do marry up, naturally they like to pair up with someone who is able to protect them and be there to support them both financially and emotionally... if the man has no job and becomes impossible to live with then you are not providing the financial or emotional support ... if your relationship was loving and very strong it should be able to accomodate for that , the wife would switch roles in providing the man with the emotional and perhaps financial support if needed.. we all know many wives stand up by their husbands side even if they fall seriously sick or have affairs, as long as they see that you are being appreciative and loving they'll stick with you.. ... but if your relationship was based on the man controlling every aspect and there is no love then the only reason their wives stuck by their side before is the financial support, once that is not there then there is no reason for them to stick around...

Leave a comment:

• steve'O
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black
    I wouldn't get too comfortable mate. She sent a letter recently which on the back she'd apparently been using it to make a list of pluses and minuses about whether she should stay with the guy...

Yeah...Minus = He sells the Big issue Plus= He's great in bed

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    I wouldn't get too comfortable mate. She sent a letter recently which on the back she'd apparently been using it to make a list of pluses and minuses about whether she should stay with the guy...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X