• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How mortal are you going to get tonight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Hopefully you will have made it to the loo on time and won't be doing a Wilmslow and smelling of wee
    an old granny - Shirley?

Comment

Hopefully you will have made it to the loo on time and won't be doing a Wilmslow and smelling of wee

Generally us men get a clear run at the toilets, with minimal queuing.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        You seem kind of knowledgeable on this subject so I've got a question for ya.

What happens exactly when you burst the seal? Cause I can hold off for ages, but once I pop I just can't stop - I'm at the pisser 3 times an hour.
        Alchohol is a diuretic. It encourages the body to excrete ( sorry SA ) water i.e. makes you pee. Without alchohol normal people only need to pee 2-3 times a day on avaerage.

When you start drinking everything is normal and it takes a while for the alchohol to get into your system. Once it hits the bloodstream the diuretic affect kicks in and you bladder begins to fill. If it was empty to start this takes a while.

Once your bladder becomes full you need to go take a piss. However by this time the alchohol levels in your blood are going up and the diuretic effect is getting stronger, so your body is excreting ( sorry SA ) more water, faster. This means the bladder fills quicker and you need to piss more often as the night goes on and you continue drinking.

The upshot is that the more you drink the more, and more frequently, you need to pee. The end result is dehydration which causes some of the major hangover symptoms such as dryness in the mouth and eyes and the headache.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Generally us men get a clear run at the toilets, with minimal queuing.
          Lucky gits.... I have to stand in the queue doing the wee dance
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Without alchohol normal people only need to pee 2-3 times a day on avaerage.
            I must be a freak of nature then... I need to wee that many times an hour!!
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Lucky gits.... I have to stand in the queue doing the wee dance
              You could always use one of these and find a drainpipe

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                You could always use one of these and find a drainpipe
                Ewwww
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

It depnds how much fluid you drink. Caffeine in Tea and coffee are diuretics as well. Excessive urination can also be a sign of diabetes in men and women or prostate problems in men.

Comment

You're Irish, you drink gallons of tea. Tea contains Caffeine. Caffeine is also a diuretic!
                    (As mentioned by DaveB)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      You're Irish, you drink gallons of tea. Tea contains Caffeine. Caffeine is also a diuretic!
                      Getting most of that, apart from the connection between being Irish and peeing
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                      X