• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iran calls for Israel to be wiped off map

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well its a pretty extreme statement but you have to keep in mind that this is the opinion of one man and not the whole nation (the right-wing students aside). With Iranian politics being the way that it is it is quite likely he will be out within a few months to a year. To keep things in perspective remember that Israel itself has a substantial arsenal of nuclear arms already which many in the middle east view as an aggressive act to start with. In this squabble, once you scratch the surface it becomes apparent that neither side is stainless.

Comment

Chico,How does god pick who he wants to wipe out?
      How does he communicate his feeling? Surely there must be a more appropriate vessle than the brain of George bush.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Total bollox beans. Comparing the likes of Bush to the mindset of these fanatics is absurd. Anyone who continues to discount the threat of Islam to Western society is living in a fecking dream world.

On Israel's nuclear capability. Funny that every other country that has developed them has had to test both the weapons and delivery systems. As far as I know, Israel has never carried out any nuclear tests. Rather suggests that the technology was simply handed to them. Oooh. Who could have done that?
        Last edited by xoggoth; 27 October 2005, 09:56.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          The world would be a better place without the jews. and arabs. and anyone black or asian, or french, german, most of europe in fact, africa, the US, china, wales, scotland, ireland. In fact just us and aussies left should make it a little safer.

I'm more than a little suspicious about anyone north of Luton or west of Bath

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Are we forgetting that Israel is a nuclear power?

Estimated to have 200 warheads.

"Never Again"... and who could blame them? 6 million the last time...
            That is so , yet from the strategic perspective Israel unfortauntey is very vunerable to a nuclear first strike as it has only a few centres of popultation, rather like Australia.

Does Iran have the capablity ... nobody can be certain, yet I am inclined to believe they should not be underestimated given that Pakisitan transfered nuclear technology to North Korea its quite likely the Iranians have acquired the same capablity from Pakistan or even Saudi Arabia.

Perhaps they are bluffing but who will take his risk ?

I wonder though if we are now perhaps on the eve of destruction, the Rapturist fundamentalists in the USA have been working to achieve a doomsday scenario in the Middle East using their counterpart fanatics in Iran and Israel as mere pawns in their game.

Insure Now with Prudential
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 27 October 2005, 10:04.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              Myself and the attractive 18-25 year old unsullied females from Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and the Czech Republic would do me.
              OK I can go along with that - Add Estonia and Latvia and leave the 25-35 year old sullied ones for me.

BTW one of the sweetest Danes I know is actually Korean

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                Chico,How does god pick who he wants to wipe out?
                How does he communicate his feeling? Surely there must be a more appropriate vessle than the brain of George bush.
                Maybe he just uses it because there's plenty of space

Comment

War

Chico, are you going to fight the heathen?

Have you ever been in a war before?

Regardless of you moral standpoint, how do you feel about supporting the invasion/bombing of another sovereign state and seeing that through?

If you think Iraq was bad, I will go into the bodybag business if the US goes to war with Iran.

Remeber as well that for all the rhetoric, the US are whinging that they have lost 2000 men and rapidly losing public support for a war in Iraq. I dont think GWB can afford to extend the time or increase the bodies coming back from the ME.

YOu are fighting against countries that are used to war as the region has always been in conflict. We are not used to war and I for one have no desire to get used to it.

Anyway, what of China and Russia, would they not use the situation to their advantage, where would they stand in the event of an increase in hostitlities?

So what if they develop a nuclear weapon? If they use it, we are all dead anyway because of the nuclear retaliation.

So before you climb up on your high horse, think about what you are actually advocating.
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

When the President of a country that is actively developing nuclear weapons suggests another sovereign country should be wiped off a map it does not take a brain scientist to determine that that is bad news. If Iran had nuclear weapons they would launch a first strike attack on Israel -unprovoked. They said they would do it - what more evidence do the tree huggers want? Or maybe the tree huggers do want Israel to be wiped off the map. Well if you do just say so.
                    What I am advocating is strong pressure on the mad mullahs not to produce nuclear weapons. Failing that a few tomahawks and cruise missiles on their nuclear facilities coupled with some bunker buster bombs should do the trick. Please note I am not advocating a ground war just a few surgical strikes.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

"if the US goes to war with Iran"

I somehow doubt that even given Bush's rhetoric at times.

Most likely, and historically proven, scenario I see is the moment Israel has any decent intelligence showing that Irans building nukes somewhere then they'll be JDAM's galore dropping over Iran.

Cannot imagine Israel in anyway tolerating Iran having nuclear weapons...

Comment

Working...
                      X