• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you voted yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Come on, vote BNP.
    They wont get enough power to do any real damage, but think of the entertainment they will provide with a platform in Europe and all the fuss the other home parties will make.
    It might make the current members at Westminster realise just how little they are regarded, but I doubt it.
    Erm, no, don't.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      But if you don't vote, you lose your voice. You can't bitch about something you choose not to partake in.

TW, this isn't a go at you, I just firmly believe that even if you don't want to vote for any of them you should still use your "voice".
      I don't like any of them. We should have stayed hunter-gathers. I blame the farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I don't like any of them. We should have stayed as hunter-gathers. I blame farmers.

Fair enough!!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Come on, vote BNP.
          They wont get enough power to do any real damage, but think of the entertainment they will provide with a platform in Europe and all the fuss the other home parties will make.
          It might make the current members at Westminster realise just how little they are regarded, but I doubt it.
          If you want to do that vote Monster Raving Looney or some such, not BNP.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            If you want to do that vote Monster Raving Looney or some such, not BNP.
            MRL just wouldn't cause enough of a stir.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I don't like any of them. We should have stayed hunter-gathers. I blame the farmers.
              The Neolithic Revolution was possibly a mistake. It allowed many more people to live on a given area of land, but at what cost?

I'm sure that's why Cain killed Abel: he couldn't stand to see his brother sitting around all day not tilling the fields.

Comment

Why no one should vote BNP ever.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blog/talkin...article/30756/
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

But if you don't vote, you lose your voice. You can't bitch about something you choose not to partake in.

TW, this isn't a go at you, I just firmly believe that even if you don't want to vote for any of them you should still use your "voice".
                  I agree: if you don't vote then you will just be disregarded.

Unfortunately the Registration of Political Parties (Prohibited Words and Expressions) (Amendment) Order 2005 specifically prohibited the expression "None of the above" as a party name. I regard this as severely anti-democratic: the authorities only did it in order to prevent some of the voters from registering the preference that they wanted to, and they have IMHO no moral right to do such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    I agree: if you don't vote then you will just be disregarded.

Unfortunately the Registration of Political Parties (Prohibited Words and Expressions) (Amendment) Order 2005 specifically prohibited the expression "None of the above" as a party name. I regard this as severely anti-democratic: the authorities only did it in order to prevent some of the voters from registering the preference that they wanted to, and they have IMHO no moral right to do such a thing.
                    Surely prohibiting a party from being named "None of the above" and having an option to vote for no party are not the same thing.

Comment

Yes, I will be going to vote, this evening.

I haven't decided who to vote for either yet but I think I'll be going with an Independant.... the rest of them don't deserve my vote!
                      CM you'll be voting presumably for the party with the prettiest rosette
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X