• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain's Got Talent - Final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tino View Post
    The fact remains, if Susan Boyle looked like Catherine Jenkins she more than likely wouldn't have made the final.
    What if she looked like Kylie Minogue?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      What if she looked like Kylie Minogue?

No chance. She made it there because the Great British Public love an underdog story and Simon Cowell is a master manipulator of this fact.
      Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
      I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Yeah, must be a Dr Pepper problem - I threw an unopened can onto the passenger seat the other day, and it dented, the metal kinked at the side of the dent, it punctured itself at the kink, sprayed Dr Pepper out at pressure, and used the pressure to rotate itself and thus spray the entire interior of the car, and me.

I suppose this is a little OT
        I was teasing open a can of tomatoes and the lid got stuck, just as the ring pull ones are designed to do. What is one supposed to do in these situations? The lid was bent and highly stressed and needed proper force to get it moving. Of course I hoped for the best and carried on with eyes closed and being careful about sudden slippage, and sure enough the lid popped off with enough force to sever an artery had it been as sharp as a corned beef can, but instead simply splattered tomato juice over me and everything within 3 feet and 360 Steradians. Took me a while to clean up (need to be quick as projectile tomato juice is not kind to clothes) and I thought...next time I will seriously take time out to consider the options and my reckless actions more carefully. Doubt I will though.

Comment

No chance. She made it there because the Great British Public love an underdog story and Simon Cowell is a master manipulator of this fact.
          I didn't see her or the show, but I thought she was another Paul Watts (or whatever the Opera guy was called).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I didn't see her or the show, but I thought she was another Paul Watts (or whatever the Opera guy was called).
            She was a 48 year old spinster virgin from a small town in scotland. I suspect she had learning difficulties and most certainly wasn't personable. She had a good voice, far from outstanding though
            Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
            I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              No No No! Little girl was tulip.... only there because she broke down in tears in the Semi... the little lad who sang and danced with Baloo and King Louis was loads better (and similar age - but without tears!)
              Disagree. Her performance on Saturday night was sufficient justification for her winning in the semis. She has an excellent voice. Tho' I wonder if she went off in tears on Saturday.

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              From what I have seen of her I think she is mentally unstable/borderline barking. .
              Upton Park

That's two stops short of Barking.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

She was a 48 year old spinster virgin from a small town in scotland. I suspect she had learning difficulties and most certainly wasn't personable. She had a good voice, far from outstanding though
                yes shes not the sharpest knife in the drawer. apparently she had a difficult birth and was oxygen deprived which led to learning difficulties. her lack of social skills evident by her head cutting motion and then hitching up her skirt just after she was annouced runner up.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  You agree that the talent on display was superb ... and think the runner-up is {gratuitous sexist racist insults with no bearing on talent}.

Congratulations on showing both your faces in one post.
                  Yep! She was over rated PERIOD. She cannot sing outside of her comfort zone and in the 2nd song she didnt even get the notes right. Give her a few more songs which are more challenging and she is off.

Public voted for her as she is hideous and they will throw her down equally - IE she is not in Rehab and you just have to look at the papers today to see how bad press have turned on her

She has talent - but is very limited. How difficult is it to copy and song a song if you have an acceptable voice? That isnt talent or innovation.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I think it is really not very nice to make such personal comments on Susan Boyle. It is always interesting that women are judged by what they look like whereas we men (thankfully) are not.

The difference between Susan Boyle and Diversity is that Susan was born with a fantastic voice. Who knows how much time she has spent developing it but that is really it- a talent.

Diversity on the other hand are not only talented but thay have worked incredibly hard to develop their talent and to present it as they did in such a contemporary and unpredictable way (as did Flawless). The teamwork skills that they showed are particularly impressive and they have brought immense pleasure to so many people (as has Susan Boyle, though the fascination is a little more morbid than with Diversity)
                    how do you know she was born with it? Would you respect someone more if they worked for it - I would!

Oh I forgot - your a recruitment agent - you like it all on a plate with little effort?

Come on! Speak sense

Comment

Originally posted by dozer View Post
                      apparently she had a difficult birth and was oxygen deprived which led to learning difficulties.
                      Is it for real?????

Originally posted by dozer View Post
                      her lack of social skills evident by her head cutting motion and then hitching up her skirt just after she was annouced runner up.
                      mental health

Comment

Working...
                      X