• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain's Got Talent - Final

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In some ways there were 3 winners, a dance group, a vocalist, a musician -
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Boyle better win, 400 quid says she is going to win
      Ouch.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

In my defence...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ght=eurovision

Won a fair but that night.

I'm now going to get a taxi round to west lothian and tan that woman's windies.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Someone from cuk is actually watching that tulip?

And I thought you lot were too intelligent and clever for that...
          I'm extremely intelligent and clever. It's just nice some time to watch something that's entirely intellectually undemanding - especially after reading a chapter of Michio Kaku's "Hyperspace".
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Obviously another fixed result to satisfy the entertainment industry.

I mean a dance act winning!? Well they get some shows in a seaside town no doubt, under privileged kids make good, boyle gets a recording contract even though she didnt win (hardly surprising in view of the tantrums thrown the last few weeks) and a soloist gets some classic position somewhere.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Obviously another fixed result to satisfy the entertainment industry.

I mean a dance act winning!? Well they get some shows in a seaside town no doubt, under privileged kids make good, boyle gets a recording contract even though she didnt win (hardly surprising in view of the tantrums thrown the last few weeks) and a soloist gets some classic position somewhere.
              Another conspiracy theorist with no evidence (after all you dont need it do you?).

I thought the whole program was fantastic. The talent on display by the winners and all of them was superb. I know a lot of you are too intellectually "superior" to be so coarse as to appreciate what some of these young people can do (Flawless, Diversity).

If there was an award for the best of English talent for denigrating the achievement of others then this site would without doubt supply the winner.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                In some ways there were 3 winners, a dance group, a vocalist, a musician -
                http://www.platinumlive.co.uk/artist...lz_gianni.html

a multi platinum musician, strangely already signed to simon cowells label.

Comment

Originally posted by dozer View Post
                  http://www.platinumlive.co.uk/artist...lz_gianni.html

a multi platinum musician, strangely already signed to simon cowells label.
                  Surely this is a conflict of interest?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A reccon wrote : I thought the whole program was fantastic. The talent on display by the winners and all of them was superb. I know a lot of you are too intellectually "superior" to be so coarse as to appreciate what some of these young people can do (Flawless, Diversity).
                    I didn't watch it, as I was out at the time doing something else.

I am led to believe that over 20 million people watched it in the UK, which one can assume means that the program has garnered some popularity for itself.

I don't see a need to knock the contestants for their achievements, and good luck to them for getting so far.

On the other hand, I don't feel a need to idolise them or constantly read about them in the media, when there are other humans with just as remarkable talents, if not more so (eg, Surgeons saving lives) who I feel deserve more recognition.

As I said, I don't value the BGT contestants any less. I just value others with certain talents more.

I'm certain that if the winning act won, then it must have been jolly good and won by public appeal.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Julian Smith did it for me, talent through and through...
                      Brilliant! Briliant! Brilliant! Although to be fair Diversity did give a great performance..........

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Yes, he's good. But I'm not that keen on musicians in variety - unless they play through their noses or something.

Best tonight - the little girl, diversity, stavros.

I'd guess diversity probably were the best performance. But I'd like stavros to win. It reminds me of the two ronnies - one older fat guy, one little guy...
                      No No No! Little girl was tulip.... only there because she broke down in tears in the Semi... the little lad who sang and danced with Baloo and King Louis was loads better (and similar age - but without tears!)

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      I thought the alto sax went out with kenny g.
                      Dunno about "out" in any case but didn't Julian play a Soprano Sax.....

Comment

Working...
                      X