• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    I can see where you are coming from, but where are you going with this?

Well you can´t know where I´m going if you know where I´m coming from according to Heisenberg, so you have to start by forgetting where I´m coming from and then you can figure out where I´m going.

Something like that.

Whatever happened to Schrödinger´s cat? Did it get out alive?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Whatever happened to Schrödinger´s cat? Did it get out alive?
      I'll open the lid and have a look...
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        I'll open the lid and have a look...
        No, you'll ruin it for everyone!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          No, you'll ruin it for everyone!
          What about if we just kick the box a couple of times and listen for miaows ...
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Wouldn't "listening for miaows" still be a form of observation, albeit an aural one, and therefore subject to changing the outcome of the experiment ?
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              Wouldn't "listening for miaows" still be a form of observation, albeit an aural one, and therefore subject to changing the outcome of the experiment ?
              Erm, good question. Yes, because only if the box isn't soundproofed can you hear the cat miaowing. Of course, cats have much better hearing than humans, so the cat would know that you're nearby just by hearing the slightest rub of your clothing, even if you stand very still. If the box isn't pongproofed then he'll smell you too. That means your presence close to the box might well affect the cat's behaviour.

If, however, the box is soundproof and pongproof as well as not being translucent, there's no way of knowing whether the cat is alive, so you can't really affect the experiment but also can't observe.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
              X