• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It had nothing to do with religion, except as a token label for each person. You're a protestant or a catholic because you choose their Christian doctrine as the most correct, not because you come from a protestant area or your mammy is a protestant.
    It's no different than choosing to hate people based on which side of town they live on or which supermarket they go to, the people involved have no idea what a "protestant" is only that "they're different than me".
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It can get a bit dicey at the local W.I. knitting championships.

Last year, Mad Auntie Ethel (why is it that Aunties always seem to be mad) and Doris "Zimmer Champion" Gurgles were both neck and neck in the final cast off.

Ethel was ahead by 2 stitches, when Doris cunningly planted a Victoria Sponge on the table, distracting Ethel for a split second.

Doris siezed the advantage and managed to finish the Arran Sweater with seconds to spare.

Ethel completely lost it, and disembowelled Doris with her own knitting needles, before denefenstrating the judge and headbutting the rest of the ladies present. I won't even begin to describe what she did with her rather full colostomy bag.

Don't blame the game, blame the players.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        ...sorry, saw the title of the thread and thought you wanted me for something
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          It can get a bit dicey at the local W.I. knitting championships.

Last year, Mad Auntie Ethel (why is it that Aunties always seem to be mad) and Doris "Zimmer Champion" Gurgles were both neck and neck in the final cast off.

Ethel was ahead by 2 stitches, when Doris cunningly planted a Victoria Sponge on the table, distracting Ethel for a split second.

Doris siezed the advantage and managed to finish the Arran Sweater with seconds to spare.

Ethel completely lost it, and disembowelled Doris with her own knitting needles, before denefenstrating the judge and headbutting the rest of the ladies present. I won't even begin to describe what she did with her rather full colostomy bag.

Don't blame the game, blame the players.
          defenestrating
          Last edited by cupidstunt; 26 May 2009, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by cupidstunt View Post
            defenstrating
            defenestrating
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It had nothing to do with religion, except as a token label for each person. You're a protestant or a catholic because you choose their Christian doctrine as the most correct, not because you come from a protestant area or your mammy is a protestant.
              Yes, but parentage seems to be a very popular criteria for deciding which doctrine is 'most correct'.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                defenestrating
                quite

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  And he keeps going.

Anything else - video games are linked to violence. So are some movies/tv. Alcohol fuels it. Clearly any sport which draws large groups of fans. I'm pretty sure we've had violenece at music concerts so ban that as well.
                  Certainly there have been incidents at other large population events, but no matter how rabid a defender of football fans you are I don't see how you can deny that tribal violence and hostile behaviour is common in football.

I've been to many events with large crowds (including football as a cousin is a manic footy fan) and the only ones where I've felt threat have been football matches.
                  Many rugby and cricket games even have alcohol sold in the grounds and pubs open before and after the games and I've never seen even a hint of the violence and hostility that is common in football crowds. Quite a few of the fans at rugby league games are also footy fans, but the grief is absent at league games, at many league grounds a good chunk of the crowd changes ends at half time happily passing each other without knocking lumps off each other.

Call me a numpty all you like, football related violence is a fact around the world and the link Mitch posted is just another example.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

In fact let's go full taliban and ban anything that people seem to enjoy, for fear of inciting the masses...
                    Except for public executions, amputations and floggings, of course.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Talking of banning things... SFW (Just don't mention "The War")
                      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X