• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you ever have a drink.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stag do's require the participants to take a drink upon meeting whether it's in the airport at 5:00AM or 5:30PM.

On the last stag do I was drinking my 3rd Guinness in an Edinburgh hotel at 9:00AM, my 1st was in Bristol airport and my 2nd was somewhere in-between.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Airport beers are exempt. Came back from Moscow via Vienna. We left out accommodation in Russia at 11pm, to get to the airport at 3am. Plane left at 5am. Had one hour's sleep on the plane and felt lousy until I had a beer at 7:30am (local time) in Vienna.

I did experiment once to see what it was like to be blotto by midday. I didn't enjoy it all.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Stag do's require the participants to take a drink upon meeting whether it's in the airport at 5:00AM or 5:30PM.

On the last stag do I was drinking my 3rd Guinness in an Edinburgh hotel at 9:00AM, my 1st was in Bristol airport and my 2nd was somewhere in-between.

I've got a stag do starting at 10am next Friday. It could be interesting !!

Comment

Flew to NZ some years back, and after a 23 hr journey, door to door, collapsed in a chair on the sunny hotel balcony.

I fancied a beverage to relax and unwind after such a long flight, so I grabbed a can of lager from the minibar.

As the liquid went down a treat, parching my thirst and cooling me down, Mrs BGG said "You do know what time it is, don't you ? 7 am."

I felt terribly guilty, whilst Mrs BGG just giggled.

I've never drunk at 7am in the morning...I felt terrible !
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

It feels good to be with a bunch of alchies. Makes me feel superior. Thank you. That does not happen too often.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              It was also where I learned the trick of chugging a bottle of lager in one to avoid losing most of it when some joker "tapped" it with their bottle.
              There's an easy way to discourage that - the first time somebody does it, stick your finger over the end (champagne style) and cover them in frothy beer, you lose half a bottle but it's worth it in the long run...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Edit

I've an edit to make to the above that I've just remembered.

March 10th 1991, on the ground at King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh.

Aboard a crabair (RAF) Tristar, due to fly home when after four months on the wagon we're all given little bottles of red wine and cans of light ale - local time around 4am.

Pished? I was absolutely miroculated.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  There's an easy way to discourage that - the first time somebody does it, stick your finger over the end (champagne style) and cover them in frothy beer, you lose half a bottle but it's worth it in the long run...
                  I was going to say smack them in the head with the empty bottle, but your way is more suitable
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I was going to say smack them in the head with the empty bottle, but your way is more suitable
                    Nothing to stop you doing the drench rapidly followed by a cranial dent for extra emphasis!!!!

In answer to the original question, no not for many years.
                    I like a drink, but feel no desire for one in the morning.

Comment

I never ever drink before lunch unless:

-its early lunch
                      -i'm at an airport about to go on holiday
                      -it's christmas (champagne breakfast)
                      -its a stag doo
                      -it's a nice sunny summers day and im not working and have skipped breakfast due to late wake up going directly to lunch in a pub as im feeling lazy
                      -it's my birthday, sometimes, mostly i'll stay in bed
                      -i'm on holiday
                      -it's a celebration of some sort (wedding day etc.)

so hardly ever really
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X