• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come on Burnley!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I think the Celtic job has come a year to early for him. I can't see him leaving Burnley having just got them promoted, but if it all goes pear shaped this year and they go back down he might be looking for a new gig.
    I see where you are coming from, but the quandary might be that if it all goes pear-shaped the opportunity might have gone for ever.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I see where you are coming from, but the quandary might be that if it all goes pear-shaped the opportunity might have gone for ever.
      Yep, it's bad timing for him really. I still think he'll try to make a go of it at Burnley. It looks like they're going for Tony Mowbray anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Yep, it's bad timing for him really. I still think he'll try to make a go of it at Burnley. It looks like they're going for Tony Mowbray anyway.
        Well bad timing if you want him to stay at Burnley anyway. As for Mowbray, it depends what papers you read. You would not believe the list of possible names that is being mulled over in Celtic cyberspace. I have to say that Coyle is being strongly tipped by many who claim to have inside knowledge. Mind you, I have heard virtually every name from Glenn Hoddle onwards!!! Time will tell I suppose.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Well bad timing if you want him to stay at Burnley anyway. As for Mowbray, it depends what papers you read. You would not believe the list of possible names that is being mulled over in Celtic cyberspace. I have to say that Coyle is being strongly tipped by many who claim to have inside knowledge. Mind you, I have heard virtually every name from Glenn Hoddle onwards!!! Time will tell I suppose.
          Difficult decision for him.
          Carry on with a not so large club in (probably) the best league in the world or jump ship to a massive club in a somewhat lesser league (no offense meant).
          He certainly has history with Celtic, but Burnley must be a juicy proposition right now.
          Any manager must relish the thought of going up against the creme of the EPL.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

He has certainly done very well with Burnley on a limited budget. Having got to the EPL however, without wishing to be too harsh, a successful season would be finishing 17th. Not sure how the brand of football they play, however entertaining, will cope with the quality in the EPL. They also have a very small squad too I believe.
            Still, whatever happens I hope Burnley do manage to survive as they at least seem to go about their business in an entertaining manner.
            I don't think we will have long to wait for the new Celtic manager to be announced as he has got some work to do preparing us for CL qualifiers.

Comment

He has certainly done very well with Burnley on a limited budget. Having got to the EPL however, without wishing to be too harsh, a successful season would be finishing 17th. Not sure how the brand of football they play, however entertaining, will cope with the quality in the EPL. They also have a very small squad too I believe.
              Still, whatever happens I hope Burnley do manage to survive as they at least seem to go about their business in an entertaining manner.
              I don't think we will have long to wait for the new Celtic manager to be announced as he has got some work to do preparing us for CL qualifiers.
              Nothing harsh there mate. Staying up would be an achievement.
              I think the current Burnley squad is tiny and cost bugger all.
              I think 23 players used this season and a total cost of 2.5 million. They have played 63 games I think. Only ManUre have played more. Burnley did so well in so many cups.
              Football has been superb to watch. I hope whatever happens that continues.
              If ever a team deserves its place I would say Burnley does. I hope I am nto being biased there. This team has been built up from scratch with very little budget. The club has come from the very bottom of the English league to play in the top flight in a short space of time without a major cash injection to buy their way up.
              Whether I am a fan or not I would applaud that.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                I think 23 players used this season and a total cost of 2.5 million. They have played 63 games I think. Only ManUre have played more.
                Out of the 23 players I am sure I heard that around 5 of them only played once or twice, and it was basically the other 18 that played the majority of the games. Incredible feat.

Comment

Working...
                X