• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North Korea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    The dear leader is cunning; by starving the peasants you can save on the length of chain needed to constrain them. The thrift of the mighty Korean people shall defeat the imperialist capitalist dogs and liberate the workers of the world from the comfort and wealth that corrupts their minds!
    Blooming heck. He's got a point though hasn't he ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      The US haven't tested nukes, since 1996, when they signed the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.

The US doesn't oppress most of it's own people. The US doesn't run death camps. The US doesn't practice collective punishment against families. etc. etc.
      Quite right, they are now called FEMA camps.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The dear leader is cunning; by starving the peasants you can save on the length of chain needed to constrain them. The thrift of the mighty Korean people shall defeat the imperialist capitalist dogs and liberate the workers of the world from the comfort and wealth that corrupts their minds!
        Plus they will keep their natural resources (and presumably population in check) while the civilised world goes about plundering theirs. Boomed, eventually.

Comment

Isnt there a job for thir leader managing the UK MPs expenses ?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Isnt there a job for thir leader managing the UK MPs expenses ?
            Excellent idea, and of course by implementing Kim Jong Il's great plan for the conquest of obesity we won't need as much rope for the nooses!
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

FEMA and Guantanamo may not be terribly pleasant, but they're holiday camps compared to what happens in N.Korean camps.

Methods of torture and other abuse reportedly included severe beatings; electric shock; prolonged periods of exposure to the elements; humiliations such as public nakedness; confinement for up to several weeks in small "punishment cells" in which prisoners were unable to stand upright or lie down; being forced to kneel or sit immobilized for long periods; being hung by the wrists; being forced to stand up and sit down to the point of collapse; and forcing mothers recently repatriated from China to watch the infanticide of their newborn infants. Defectors continued to report that many prisoners died from torture, disease, starvation, exposure to the elements, or a combination of these causes.
              It really is terribly trite to indicate equivalence between US actions and N.Korea.
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 26 May 2009, 11:06.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Some of your naivety astonishes me. Do you really think North Korea would allow itself to be ignored? How can the threat of a nuclear attack on the worlds in particular second largest economy (that would have a huge impact on people like you) be ignored? North Korea have nothing to lose other than their dictators life. He is not interested in his people other than to use them as a shield with which to protect himself.

Even if N>Korea do attack japan do you think that it would then be a straightforward retaliation?? The Wests nuclear deterrent is unusable (fall out on South Korea) and we are all didvided as to how to deal with them (the Chinese would not allow military intervention).

The North Koreans know that because they have nuclear weapons they cannot be ignored.

So whilst you fat soft priviliged idiots are able to sleep soundly at night whilst coming on here with your naive and stupid generalisations about "fairness" and "I am alright jack" there are people involved day and night making decisions that give you the privilege to say what you like.

I don't know what's got you all riled up today...and I also don't get what point you're trying to make, I really don't. Are you drunk?
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  I don't know what's got you all riled up today...and I also don't get what point you're trying to make, I really don't. Are you drunk?

hic
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So answer me this. If it is OK for the allies to kill Germans in WW2 why is it not OK for Germans to kill Jews and everyone else that they killed in WW2?
                    The difference is that of combatants and non-combatants. The so-called "Rules of War".

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      The difference is that of combatants and non-combatants. The so-called "Rules of War".
                      <cough>

didnt we bomb their cities flat ?

what about Hiroshima and Nagasaki ?

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X