• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North Korea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Another one too stupid to realise or understand the diffent dynamics here. Your "equivalence argument" makes the Allies killing of germans in WW2 equally as reprehensible as Hitler killing Jews in concentration camps. After all what is the difference? killing is killing.
    Sorry stupid but part of the point made was it was OK to bully N.Korea, because they weren't a democracy. That's what I was responding to.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      The US haven't tested nukes, since 1996, when they signed the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty.
      Well that's hardly fair. The developed nations get 50 years to test their nukes, then decide less developed countries can't be trusted and aren't allowed to catch up

The US doesn't oppress most of it's own people. The US doesn't run death camps. The US doesn't practice collective punishment against families. etc. etc.
      What's that saying about the most dangerous people being the ones who genuinely think they're acting for good?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This one dooohg ?
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Well that's hardly fair. The developed nations get 50 years to test their nukes, then decide less developed countries can't be trusted and aren't allowed to catch up

What's that saying about the most dangerous people being the ones who genuinely think they're acting for good?
          So answer me this. If it is OK for the allies to kill Germans in WW2 why is it not OK for Germans to kill Jews and everyone else that they killed in WW2?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

DA wrote : So answer me this. If it is OK for the allies to kill Germans in WW2 why is it not OK for Germans to kill Jews and everyone else that they killed in WW2?
            Looking at it one way, one group of people were systematically involved in the genocide of another group. The Allies decided that this was not right, so they decided to systematically carry out the genocide of the original group.

(Ok. seriously however, one of the differences was that the Allies were attempting Regime Change, and not the genocide of a single people.)
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

So N. Korea is developing its nuclear arsenal for bargaining purposes, ?? how terribly irresponsible and to think that the Yanks and the Brits were the first to it so I suppose its only fair that UK and USA dictate what other countries can and cannot do.

:rollseyes !!!

My advice is to get a self contained underground bunker, an anti radiation suit and plenty of food and water to last you 15 years,

Comment

Of course N.Korea is only permitted to exist and have nuclear weapons because it suits China's purposes.

N.Korea is systematically genociding its own people - mainly through starvation.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Of course N.Korea is only permitted to exist and have nuclear weapons because it suits China's purposes.

N.Korea is systematically genociding its own people - mainly through starvation.
                  I think that's a bit dated, China's main concern being that if/when the regime collapses they will be innundated with millions of refugees. Politically IMO, N Korea is more of a liability.
                  US should just ignore them, they are like a spoilt child, just doing it for the attention (and money/goods). However, this would probably bring about mass starvation so it's tricky.
                  Bored.

Comment

N Korea

I'm pretty confident that this is an attempt to call Obamas' bluff.

Bush was a pussy who'd do nothing because he knew that N Korea had the capacity to make life difficult for the US by opening its very own bucket of instant sunshine.

Even if N Koreas' delivery system (IRBM/ICBM) couldn't hit the mainland US, it could hit Japan, China, Russia and it could certainly hit S Korea - all US allies.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                      I think that's a bit dated, China's main concern being that if/when the regime collapses they will be innundated with millions of refugees. Politically IMO, N Korea is more of a liability.
                      US should just ignore them, they are like a spoilt child, just doing it for the attention (and money/goods). However, this would probably bring about mass starvation so it's tricky.

Some of your naivety astonishes me. Do you really think North Korea would allow itself to be ignored? How can the threat of a nuclear attack on the worlds in particular second largest economy (that would have a huge impact on people like you) be ignored? North Korea have nothing to lose other than their dictators life. He is not interested in his people other than to use them as a shield with which to protect himself.

Even if N>Korea do attack japan do you think that it would then be a straightforward retaliation?? The Wests nuclear deterrent is unusable (fall out on South Korea) and we are all didvided as to how to deal with them (the Chinese would not allow military intervention).

The North Koreans know that because they have nuclear weapons they cannot be ignored.

So whilst you fat soft priviliged idiots are able to sleep soundly at night whilst coming on here with your naive and stupid generalisations about "fairness" and "I am alright jack" there are people involved day and night making decisions that give you the privilege to say what you like.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X