• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

North Korea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sorry stupid but part of the point made was it was OK to bully N.Korea, because they weren't a democracy. That's what I was responding to.
    And the moron of the month award goes to ...
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Sorry stupid but part of the point made was it was OK to bully N.Korea, because they weren't a democracy. That's what I was responding to.

I am appalled that someone who is supposedly part of a well educated and affluent group can only see things in such an incredibly simple way.

I am interested to know who you think is the bully here, and why you seem to want to appease a regime that threatens the rest of the world yet starves, impoverishes and brainwashes its millions of people. Your comments only stand up if you are prepared to argue (given that there are two ideologies at loggerheads with each other) that the North Korean regime is the legitimate one that should prevail ahead of our own, Chinese, japanes or US regimes.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        I am appalled that someone who is supposedly part of a well educated and affluent group can only see things in such an incredibly simple way.

I am interested to know who you think is the bully here, and why you seem to want to appease a regime that threatens the rest of the world yet starves, impoverishes and brainwashes its millions of people. Your comments only stand up if you are prepared to argue (given that there are two ideologies at loggerheads with each other) that the North Korean regime is the legitimate one that should prevail ahead of our own, Chinese, japanes or US regimes.
        Sorry - and this isn't a flame - but on the basis of that logic we should be attacking a number of countries that don't have WMD including my own personal favourite, Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          Sorry - and this isn't a flame - but on the basis of that logic we should be attacking a number of countries that don't have WMD including my own personal favourite, Saudi Arabia.
          Is Dodgy saying we should attack NK ?
          I missed that bit

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Is Dodgy saying we should attack NK ?
            I missed that bit

Logical, init!
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              You can’t fight them all at the same time; you have to look at who poses the greatest threat. I’d say that if a little madman like Kim Jong Il has nukes, he’s more of a threat than the Saudis, who want us all to keep buying their oil, which we do, because then they buy our Rolls Royces, Maybachs, Ferraris and Learjets.

Trouble is, after we were told that Saddam was such a threat with his WMDs it’s a bit more difficult to believe it when we’re told that some turd world loony governing a starving population is capable of blowing us all up.

Anyway, I don't think anyone suggested an all out invasion of North Korea. Looking at the rapid growth in defections from NK it isn't necessary; just a bit of help in some good old fashioned insurrection could eventually do the trick.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                You can’t fight them all at the same time; you have to look at who poses the greatest threat. I’d say that if a little madman like Kim Jong Il has nukes, he’s more of a threat than the Saudis, who want us all to keep buying their oil, which we do, because then they buy our Rolls Royces, Maybachs, Ferraris and Learjets.

Trouble is, after we were told that Saddam was such a threat with his WMDs it’s a bit more difficult to believe it when we’re told that some turd world loony governing a starving population is capable of blowing us all up.
                The thing is, there's probably little chance nukes would be lobbed at any of the oil rich countries. If the oil supply was radioactive, and could not be used that's the equivalent of the small child taking his ball home. No one gets to play.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Kim Jong Il is a problem that will be solved by the passage of time

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I thought his brother in law was waiting in the wings. As big a problem or bigger? Discuss.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Perhaps we could train some seagulls to go and give him the treatment.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X