• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakdowns; heavy, man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone must take their own decision on the pills, and I really think depression is a different kettle of fish. Personally I found that exercise helped, and it still helps me get to sleep after a tulipty day. Exercise, as long as it’s part of a well considered program (avoid overtraining), produces a long lasting endorphin rush.

Last season I had a nasty rib injury and was out of action for 6 weeks; for 2 weeks I couldn't really exercise at all, and people started commenting that I was getting very uppity.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I have depression and anxiety since the last 15 years. I tried citalopram but it gave me a lot of side effects so I stopped it. Now I just can't be bothered to do anything anymore or maybe I am plain lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

Yes EO, You are one of the most stable sensible guys I know
        Diver, thank you, I am deeply touched.

<wipes tear from eye with cuff of shirt>

your my bessie mate, you know that

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

sorry folks,

for us hard of hearing at the back,

what does Bi-Polar mean ?

Milan in confused mode.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            sorry folks,

Milan in confused mode.
            thickos
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Depression and breakdown are different things. I've had both. Neither are recommended.
              Same here

But I'm all better now

Nice post, Mich.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                I tried citalopram but it gave me a lot of side effects
                Me too, but my side effects were great - all night shagging sessions finally achieved

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  sorry folks,

Milan in confused mode.
                  Used to be known as Manic Depressive. Google it you lazy fecker
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Me too, but my side effects were great - all night shagging sessions finally achieved
                    I wish, last time I took it, it made my hands,feet and face tingle like I'd been rolling in stinging nettles and gave me cramp in my jaw and neck. very unpleasant. The more so as it had never done it before.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      I wish, last time I took it, it made my hands,feet and face tingle like I'd been rolling in stinging nettles and gave me cramp in my jaw and neck. very unpleasant. The more so as it had never done it before.
                      That's what venlafaxine at high doses does for me. It's scary, if I have one day away from it, I get the same symptoms again.

Comment

Working...
                      X