• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What should I do for my stag do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ... What was your stag do like?
    I can only remember the beginning. Turned up at the curry house, who knew it was my stag night, with the best man. "Two pints please, while we wait for the others to arrive".

Two pints each duly turned up. We had a few more round, then it gets a bit hazy, but I do recall the waiter was suitably rude, arrogant and insulting.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you're going to Prague let me know and I'll line you up with a list of cultured and not-so-cultured places to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Is your hand up to it?
        I think we need to have a little talk about the birds and the bees BP
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Get over yourself LG.

You spout a load of bollocks about finding yourself on your stag do then expect to cop it. That's got SFA to do with you having more imagination than me in terms of activities with your mates (Doesn't take a stag do for me to organise that BTW). Or as you call it - male bonding.

And no I'm not gay, thanks for asking - but I'd be ok with it if I was. You have a problem with that - does seem you're the one trying to make a point of how manly they are ...

Talent and imagination, to understand any debate with you .. umm, don't think that's required - you're the bottom feeder of CUK (Well since AndyW and Tay's leaving us), it's a step down just going this far into a thread with you ..
          It was you that started the girls thing, not me. You also suggested that your idea of a bonding session was a few glasses of wine watching Sex and the City, or did I miss interpret that?

I merely suggested that some exciting activities followed by a BBQ and beers would bring him and his mates a lot closer as friends than would a night getting wrecked oggling strippers. For me, that is what a stag do is all about. You seem to have a problem with that.

A pub crawl and strippers is a chav activity. I didn't say it wasn't a laugh, but it is what all the chavs do.
          Are you trying to tell me the chavs don't do that?

But once again, you carry on thinking of yourself as superior. Carry on thinking of me as a girl if it helps. I will carry on thinking of you as the bloke whos idea of an imaginative stag night is beer and strippers with all the other chavs.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Why not stuff the silly stag night traditions and have a night in with Mrs BP?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              It was you that started the girls thing, not me. You also suggested that your idea of a bonding session was a few glasses of wine watching Sex and the City, or did I miss interpret that?

I merely suggested that some exciting activities followed by a BBQ and beers would bring him and his mates a lot closer as friends than would a night getting wrecked oggling strippers. For me, that is what a stag do is all about. You seem to have a problem with that.

A pub crawl and strippers is a chav activity. I didn't say it wasn't a laugh, but it is what all the chavs do.
              Are you trying to tell me the chavs don't do that?

But once again, you carry on thinking of yourself as superior. Carry on thinking of me as a girl if it helps. I will carry on thinking of you as the bloke whos idea of an imaginative stag night is beer and strippers with all the other chavs.
              For a guy who claims to be imaginative, you're spectacularly unimaginative in your postings, and clearly missing any sense of irony.

BTW Notallthere started the girl thing.

You found yourself yet? I've a few suggestions where you could go looking if not ...
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Why not stuff the silly stag night traditions and have a night in with Mrs BP?
                Burn the heretic!
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

....BTW Notallthere started the girl thing.

You found yourself yet? I've a few suggestions where you could go looking if not ...
                  I did. It's the way LGA said it. All touchy feely, "group hug". Yeuch. Fine after a bottle of whisky, but not before then. Don't break the code of silence.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

For a guy who claims to be imaginative, you're spectacularly unimaginative in your postings, and clearly missing any sense of irony.

BTW Notallthere started the girl thing.

Unimaginative in my posts? Last argument we had you told me my rantings were completely imagined!! Make your mind up.

You are right it was Notallthere, but he didnt say his idea of a bonding session was a night in with a bottle.... well you know.

BTW I am still waiting for you to tell me what we should all retrain in once the service sector collapses. Dont answer that here, it will detract from this thread.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I know of stags who have taken missus along to stag do

and hens who have taken fella along

shows a lack of trust which is either
                      1) Not a good start to a marriage
                      or
                      2) not entirely misplaced - which is again not a good start to a marriage

i think my mrs just turned a blind eye...

Comment

Working...
                      X