• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I am starting to despise my Parish Priest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    I you and your like would never have claimed there is a God I would not need to tell you that there is no God.

You and your like claimed there is a God a long time ago when the stories invented.

Once the stories made the transition from legends-know-to-be-false-but-they-are-educational-so-we-tell-them-to-our-kids to claims of God and divine actions that you claim are both true and educational the burden of proof is on your side.

By the way, I am collecting money on behalf of God. Give me some of your money and I will give it to God, trust me.
    You believe that if I do not give the money to God he will kill me, right? And that should be my only punishment.
    What are you trying to prove?

If it's that you're an arsehole then point taken!

Comment

due to there being no God
      Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Prove it...
      Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Did you understand me when I said the existence of god wasn't my position?
      Did you?

How terribly confusing.

Are you agnostic?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        What are you trying to prove?

If it's that you're an arsehole then point taken!
        You are most likely right on that one.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Sadly there are a fair number of Priests that are arseholes, 7 years in a convent school proved that the Nuns are not all Maria Von Trapp types as well. On the otherhand there are some that are inspirational, luck of the draw I guess.
          Mrs BP's mother was in an orpanage run by nuns : describes them as the most sadistic b**tards she has ever met.

Amazingly she still believes strongly in the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Are you agnostic?
            Exceptionally...

And a sucker for baiting ardent atheists.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Mrs BP's mother was in an orpanage run by nuns : describes them as the most sadistic b**tards she has ever met.

Amazingly she still believes strongly in the faith!
              I went to a convent school and I agree.
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Do I also have to prove that there are no Elves helping Santa?
                Yes.

Burden of proof lies on the party claiming the object exists.
                Why? Who says?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Did you?

How terribly confusing.

Are you agnostic?
                  I believe religions are intentionally misinforming vehicles structured for the purpose of the few to oppress the many.

If that makes me an agnostic in your definition, then yes. If it makes me an atheist in your definition then that is what I am to you.

I simply do not believe in God or the benefit of religion.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Seems he told one bride groom "take the cost of your wedding dress and suit. add them up. Halve that number. That is the donation I want from you."

Strikes me as very un-christian. And I have another couple of examples too......
                    Matthew 21:13

And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Comment

I simply do not believe in God or the benefit of religion.
                      I don't have enough information to make a decision (on the existence of god).

I think religions used to promote charitable acts and a sense of community are a good thing.

Most modern religions have a basis of building community and helping those less fortunate, its just the layers of administration and immoral people who use religion to their own end that ****s things up.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X