• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bull Market ON ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    We're going up, buy in on market dips! Footsie will be 5500 by January 2010.
    Bloody hope so. A chunk of ASB juniors wedge is in a bond which needs 5300 to break even about then on a 5 year view. Still, I suppose the upside is I still get the capital back (unless mush worse tulip than we have now happens) so all they've lost is the fairly paltry interest.

Mind you, it's looking a bloody sight better than most I'm holding.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
      Techinical indicators are hocus pocus mystic meg stuff and not very reliable. In strong trends they just give off false signals, after large price moves they are also not reliable. Indicator appears to signal overbought but I`m sure the downward movement for example gave plenty of oversold signals while it still contiued to dive. Is the overbought indicator taking the large downward movement into account or just the short term? Many of these indicators are short term (2 weeks). Looking at a monthly indicator the market appears still oversold

i`m sure many people will buy when the papers are full of good news, we all have jobs and house prices are rising and the recession is over but byy that time we`ll already be back to high stock prices.

Historically I would say most people miss out on the real buying opportunities. Was the 9th March the perfect buying opportunity? Who knows but in the future hindsight will be a wonderful thing. Everybody seems to be talking of a "dead cat bounce" including yer mates in the pub, maybe that is a signal that it isn`t
      Great post - that kind of advice normally costs money. And my tips have been quite good too, if I do say so myself.
      Bored.

Comment

Oil is close to $57
        anyone buying oileys BP, RDS ?

Comment

Historically I would say most people miss out on the real buying opportunities. Was the 9th March the perfect buying opportunity? Who knows but in the future hindsight will be a wonderful thing. Everybody seems to be talking of a "dead cat bounce" including yer mates in the pub, maybe that is a signal that it isn`t
          Yes it was the low point. I've been dribbling money in every month all the way down. When everyone agrees on anything, always do the opposite. Everyone says its a dead cat bounce, that way, I know that it isn't. It's the real thing. By the end of the year everyone will be buying in and that's when we start to take a few profits but stay invested. If only I was this smart in real life eh?
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
            Oil is close to $57
            Buy Junior Oils Unit Trust.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

spgh is on the move, everything else has taken a 10% hit today, maybe time to buy some lloyds for anyone with decent sized cajones.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Oil is close to $57
                RDS and BP pay good divi (7 to 8 %pa). Think it would be daft not to own one of these in a decent sized portfolio in my opinion (do yer own research)
                Last edited by SuperZ; 7 May 2009, 13:19.

Comment

Originally posted by dozer View Post
                  spgh is on the move, everything else has taken a 10% hit today, maybe time to buy some lloyds for anyone with decent sized cajones.
                  I dumped my Lloyds shares today!
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

The markets gonna come down with a hefty bang very soon IMO !!

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                      I dumped my Lloyds shares today!
                      Can I ask why? There cant be much more bad news from them?

Comment

Working...
                      X