• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bull Market ON ?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bull Market ON ?"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    Short S&P @ 860

Currently 915
    S&P broke 1000 - You still short?

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Bought HAWK today

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Current futures:

Dow Jones +60.00 8447.00 5/8 3:29am

Still early though.
    8442 was my entry.

Only one thing worries me, that is Non Farm Payroll at 13:30 which always causes a huge volatility spike. I'll close or set to b/e before then.

Decisions can change very quickly with intraday trading.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    It's sinking today and I got my money where my mouth is.
    Short Dow Jones future, but this is an intraday trade.
    Current futures:

Dow Jones +60.00 8447.00 5/8 3:29am

Still early though.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    It's sinking today and I got my money where my mouth is.
    Short Dow Jones future, but this is an intraday trade.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 8 May 2009, 08:28.

Leave a comment:

• GreenerGrass
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Oil is close to $57
    anyone buying oileys BP, RDS ?
    I'm still bearish on the market (most of pension pot in absolute return funds) but bought some BG Group the other day in my SIPP, will probably add BP and Shell although these are already held in some funds.
    Among other things I've started drip feeding into a junior oils trust and also a BRIC fund, I don't care if they drop in the near future as I will be feeding the money in over a few years.

I think investing over the next 10 years will reap more return than the last 10 years did. I was nearly 100% in cash this time last year.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Can I ask why? There cant be much more bad news from them?

One of the banks came out with further bad news on debts today, in that it expects a 50% increase on previous estimates. Not sure whether it was Lloyds but anything like this will inevitably spook the sector.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    The markets gonna come down with a hefty bang very soon IMO !!
    That's the spirit CyberTory - Not saying you're right necessarily, but here's hoping

We wouldn't want Gordon Brown getting ideas above his station and seriously starting to believe Labour might actually win the next election!

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Yep, you're right Brillo. Don't know how much of it has been leaked though.
    Maybe the good bits
    Wonder why they are releasing it when the markets are closed?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Be careful today.

Bank stress tests out at 10pm tonight.
    I thought it was already leaked?

http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/b...ews/9040.cntns

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Be careful today.

Bank stress tests out at 10pm tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Just a gut feel that they've had a good run recently and the DOW and ADR futures for them were looking a bit grim for this afternoon (since I sold they've fallen a further 6/7%).

Similarly my stops on Barclays kicked in so they went as well (combination of bad signs on the ADR futures, 'sell in May' logic and 'sell on fact' logic).

Probably won't look to get back on board Lloyds given no profits this year, uncertainty of what the APS will cover and nasty looking inherited loan book.

Will look to jump back into Barclays but hopefully at a lower price.

Plus, the cash will definitely cover me through the contract doldrums - the shares might not!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I dumped my Lloyds shares today!
    Can I ask why? There cant be much more bad news from them?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    The markets gonna come down with a hefty bang very soon IMO !!

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by dozer View Post
    spgh is on the move, everything else has taken a 10% hit today, maybe time to buy some lloyds for anyone with decent sized cajones.
    I dumped my Lloyds shares today!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X