• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bull Market ON ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    BLT
    Short on egg and cress or ploughman's?

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      Is it on?
      Expect a pop up today (good employment numbers from US).
      BTW, 'Good employment numbers from the US'

Companies in the U.S. cut an estimated 491,000 workers from payrolls in April, indicating the worst of the recession’s job losses may have passed, a private report showed today.

The drop in the ADP Employer Services gauge was smaller than economists forecast and the fewest since October.
      Bloomberg

I suppose that only 491,000 people losing their jobs is better than the expected 645,000.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        BTW, 'Good employment numbers from the US'

Bloomberg

I suppose that only 491,000 people losing their jobs is better than the expected 645,000.
        It is if you're one of the 154,000...

Comment

Bull market? Not yet, more like people dipping their toes in the water to test the temperature.

But if nothing major happens (more banks going under) between now and mid/end of summer it will be a full bull market in the US and that should raise the rest of the markets as well

About 9 months after that the recession should be "officially over", though be a good while after that before man on the street really feels it (thank god or Labour might stand a chance in next election)

Main thing holding things back still is massive uncertainty about major banks financial institutions, most if not all are still hiding their true financial status

Comment

sell in may and go away will likely happen thursday once us bank review is released

Comment

Why would people laugh if they see the price going down on what someone bought today? A loss isn`t a loss until position closed out. Investors don`t care if further dips occur if they know they`ve bought a good company at a good price. People who try to pick exact bottoms are just gamblers - proper investors don`t need to pick the bottom of the market, just buy value knowing in x time most likely they would of made money. if the investor has lots of confidence they`ll even buy if the price drops further.

Well I didn`t buy today but....no I won`t say what I`m holding but I`m happy

Footsie may go lower but I doubt anyone who has bought recently has made a mistake if holding for the long term. Some individual shares are already in a bull market but the ftse could turn negative potentially but if it does I still think we`re not that far off the low point.
              Last edited by SuperZ; 6 May 2009, 20:39.

Comment

We're going up, buy in on market dips! Footsie will be 5500 by January 2010.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  We're going up, buy in on market dips! Footsie will be 5500 by January 2010.
                  Now where did I see that number before .... Oh yeah: linky
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

We're in a bear market rally. And when "buy" is plastered all over the newspapers, that is when the next leg down will begin. The banks and professional investors need a higher price to sell at, and thats where you Joe Public come in!

The stock markets are reaching overbought extremes. The Dow Jones 5-day RSI (technical indicator) closed at the most overbought extreme since October 2007.

No-one will want to be holding the parcel when the music stops. Carry on buying if you will or just send me a cheque if its easier.
                    Last edited by SantaClaus; 6 May 2009, 22:37.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

The stock markets are reaching overbought extremes. The Dow Jones 5-day RSI (technical indicator) closed at the most overbought extreme since October 2007.
                      Techinical indicators are hocus pocus mystic meg stuff and not very reliable. In strong trends they just give off false signals, after large price moves they are also not reliable. Indicator appears to signal overbought but I`m sure the downward movement for example gave plenty of oversold signals while it still contiued to dive. Is the overbought indicator taking the large downward movement into account or just the short term? Many of these indicators are short term (2 weeks). Looking at a monthly indicator the market appears still oversold

i`m sure many people will buy when the papers are full of good news, we all have jobs and house prices are rising and the recession is over but byy that time we`ll already be back to high stock prices.

Historically I would say most people miss out on the real buying opportunities. Was the 9th March the perfect buying opportunity? Who knows but in the future hindsight will be a wonderful thing. Everybody seems to be talking of a "dead cat bounce" including yer mates in the pub, maybe that is a signal that it isn`t
                      Last edited by SuperZ; 6 May 2009, 23:50.

Comment

Working...
                      X