• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UFOs and Aliens corner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you still get the Torches powered by Cloclkwork at Morrisons ?

They were good .

Oh yeah - Light as a beacon to other ingelligence beings thingy - well when we first found out about Pulsars - thats what some thought they were - signals from a neutron star by little green men - silly eh '?

Mind you - its still a bt of a head scratcher -

“An individual [gamma-ray burst] can release in a matter of seconds the same amount of energy that our Sun will radiate over its 10-billion-year lifetime,” says GLAST Deputy Project Scientist Neil Gehrels of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md [NASA].

I mean a few seconds blast from a pulsar would keep your elec bills down a tad ...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      all the rectums any sensible alien () could possibly desire...
      Why does that make me crave for a chip shop beef mince and onion pie?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Why does that make me crave for a chip shop beef mince and onion pie?
        You had to go and say that...
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
          Can you still get the Torches powered by Cloclkwork at Morrisons ?

They were good .

Oh yeah - Light as a beacon to other ingelligence beings thingy - well when we first found out about Pulsars - thats what some thought they were - signals from a neutron star by little green men - silly eh '?

Mind you - its still a bt of a head scratcher -

“An individual [gamma-ray burst] can release in a matter of seconds the same amount of energy that our Sun will radiate over its 10-billion-year lifetime,” says GLAST Deputy Project Scientist Neil Gehrels of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md [NASA].

I mean a few seconds blast from a pulsar would keep your elec bills down a tad ...
          Yeah, have one of them local and we would never have to worry about a thing ever again.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&h...jyHiLV4Zk&NR=1

Oh - did I forget to mention ?

As the link above describes when two black holes collide the energy released would be more that the energy of all Stars in the Universe.

Now that could keep the elec bil down - just a tad ?

PS last night I dreamt I saw creation - and so here you go - there are Two Gods - and theyre both female - one is blond the other brunette - when you look in their eyes then you know the meaning of Love,
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 5 September 2009, 16:50.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&hl=nl&v=C8jyHiLV4Zk&NR=1
              Do you always browse YouTube in Dutch?

Comment

I love reading about this stuff but am not convinced of UFO`s. There has to be life out there but I`m not convinced that life can reach out far enough from where it exists, it might be encapsulated in each small area of the universe due to lack of resources for example and the distances involved to reach even planets within our solar system are just huge and takes a loooonnnggg time. Travelling the huge distances within a lifetime using known technologies and resources (fuels) just isn`t possible. Can dark matter be harnessed as a power source? Are worm holes a real possibility?

Just as life flourishes and dies, so will life on this planet evetually end also. I think that could be just the way it is.

I`m aware that what was impossible a hundred or so years ago is possible today however. But look at the planet we live on, we have limited resources.
                Last edited by SuperZ; 5 September 2009, 18:10.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Odd that people only started seeing flying saucers after they appeared in Hollywood movies..........
                  But i'm sure i've seen Inca/Egyptian/pre historic etc drawings showing similarly shaped strange objects in the sky?
                  Last edited by Durbs; 5 September 2009, 20:15.

Comment

Ooh I could tell you stories...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

We solved that one a while ago - PhotoDector and Array Camera (PACS) at the infrared/sub-millimetre range of the spectrum will set the SpaceCraft controls to avoid dust clouds (NB spectrometer has to be set at the operating wavelenght range between 60 and 210 µm.) ..
                      Travelling at 0.99c, which would be needed to get anywhere in a reasonable time, there'd be no time to avoid small dust particles, and at that speed they'd have a huge kinetic energy. Also, dust and gas is fairly uniform in our galactic neck of the woods.

The only way to cope with it IMHO would be to use a high-tech "cow catcher", travelling independently a couple of million miles in front of the spacecraft.

This would be something like a mile-wide disk comprising an ultra-thin (monoatomic) self-repairing nanoscopic mesh of carbon bucky tubes. When a dust particle hit this, the particle would be instantly converted to plasma, which could then be diverted or collected by magnetic fields. If this was designed right it would sweep out a near perfect vacuum for the main spacecraft following.

(The net would need to be a monatomic layer so that it would only graze the particles, which would mean only localized damage to the net and the particles would turn to plasma behind the net - A dust particle travelling at 0.99c has literally the kinetic energy of a mountain, and if it impacted a solid object most of that energy would be released as heat, which would punch a huge hole in the object.)

You'd also need separate provision for larger objects (anything larger than a pebble). But these are pretty rare in interstellar space - gas and microscopic dust particles are the main problem there.
                      Last edited by OwlHoot; 6 September 2009, 11:01.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X