• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay, some doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I find his music torturous

Understandable but if you've ever seen him live (I've only seen him live once) he puts on an excellent show.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Terrorists are known to use multiple identities, but then so does Meat Loaf - does that make him a terrorist?
      Well he would do anything for love so who knows.*

*puts coat on and quietly slips out the back

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Good picture of brown on the beeb

Look part way down the story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8033388.stm
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Yep. I wish to remain anonymous, under the radar, off their databases

You can’t. Picture it this way; you have hidden a valuable golden needle in a small pile of hay on a table in your garden, and you wish to avoid it being found by anyone other than yourself. You can’t just make it vanish without losing your valuable needle. What you can do is make the haystack so big that nobody else will ever find it. Obviously, you’ll need to know the precise location yourself, but just forgetting my crap analogy, you’re unlikely to forget your own name other than on Friday or Saturday nights at the pub, when it might be convenient to do so.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            You can’t. Picture it this way; you have hidden a valuable golden needle in a small pile of hay on a table in your garden, and you wish to avoid it being found by anyone other than yourself. You can’t just make it vanish without losing your valuable needle. What you can do is make the haystack so big that nobody else will ever find it. Obviously, you’ll need to know the precise location yourself, but just forgetting my crap analogy, you’re unlikely to forget your own name other than on Friday or Saturday nights at the pub, when it might be convenient to do so.
            ...and, scarily enough, some of my work in the past (and some of the research I'm doing in my spare time ) is to identify the one "good" in a sea of "bad" (and the opposite is true, naturally) using Bayesian techniques.

Comment

Understandable but if you've ever seen him live (I've only seen him live once) he puts on an excellent show.
              When I was an art student in Cardiff my house mate LOVED meatloaf and played that efffing bat out of hell album all the efffing time.
              As a consequence I hate it and him.

I think its called aversion therapy
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

...and, scarily enough, some of my work in the past (and some of the research I'm doing in my spare time ) is to identify the one "good" in a sea of "bad" (and the opposite is true, naturally) using Bayesian techniques.
                Of course, I don´t have much faith in the British public to actually join in this program of peaceful civil disobedience, seeing as I suspect the general public are a bunch of lily livered wimps who wouldn´t have the spine to stand up to an aggressive earthworm threatening them with a blade of grass. People should not fear their government. The government should fear the people. Unfortunately ´the people´ are collectively about as frightening for the authorities as a herd of sheep on valium.

Comment

Surely this technique relies on the definition of 'good' and 'bad'. By mixing up identities of each and providing multiple identities for all, the definition of good or bad is shot to pieces as every candidate will be a rough mixture of good and bad. If you get my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Of course, I don´t have much faith in the British public to actually join in this program of peaceful civil disobedience, seeing as I suspect the general public are a bunch of lily livered wimps who wouldn´t have the spine to stand up to an aggressive earthworm threatening them with a blade of grass. People should not fear their government. The government should fear the people. Unfortunately ´the people´ are collectively about as frightening for the authorities as a herd of sheep on valium.
                    The line from V is brilliant. Unfortunately, with the trigger-happy fcukwits (sorry, police), shouting this at the Houses of Parliament would likely ensure a high velocity injection of lead.

Comment

I still don't get this whole identity card tulipe....

So potential terrorists will apply for identity cards???

Or will the have forged documents, just like they do with passposts, driving licences, etc?
                      'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
                      X