• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Yay, some doom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yay, some doom"

Collapse

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I have great hope in the good people of Ireland, Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan to show a little more gumption than the sheeple of Britain and Western Europe.
    They've certainly shown it in the past, casting off the imperialists.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Well we started in Ireland, shifted to Africa then dropped in to Iraq via Afghanistan - twice. We seem to have pissed off quite a few people(or radical loonies as OGL would have us believe) along the way.
    I have great hope in the good people of Ireland, Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan to show a little more gumption than the sheeple of Britain and Western Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    State sponsored terrorism indeed. How on earth did we get to the point in which, using Bushes expression, we are members of the axis of evil?
    Well we started in Ireland, shifted to Africa then dropped in to Iraq via Afghanistan - twice. We seem to have pissed off quite a few people(or radical loonies as OGL would have us believe) along the way.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I think the point here is that ID cards will happen, and they will only be technically optional. Gobal Ids are the next step FYI.

If we create compound key of

Zip Code
    Door Number
    Mobile Phone IMEI
    NI Number
    DOB
    Surname
    Car Reg

They can build a picture of your whereabouts. Passports have biometrics so as you travel you already have a global id of sorts.

This is global enslavement people. Now you have enough debt to keep you and your children and their children enslaved.

Cue the dollar collapse.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Ok Alf you can get a pat on the head too.
    Bump

This is an interesting discussion.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    How about - the absence of an ID Card may delay your access to state benefits.
    Ok Alf you can get a pat on the head too.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    But without an ID card how will Our Glorious Leaders know whether they are handing over 60 quid to a sheep - sorry - honest, upright citizen or one of Bin Ladens chums? Goodness me, state sponsored terrorism. Again.
    State sponsored terrorism indeed. How on earth did we get to the point in which, using Bushes expression, we are members of the axis of evil?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    They’ll make it a condition for getting unemployment benefit and then ‘lend’ people the 60 quid to buy one; then people will have to pay interest for the privilege of being turned into lemmings.
    But without an ID card how will Our Glorious Leaders know whether they are handing over 60 quid to a sheep - sorry - honest, upright citizen or one of Bin Ladens chums? Goodness me, state sponsored terrorism. Again.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Apparently if you flick them (the cards), they make a distinctive sound.

Mind you, so do the missus's nips

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Oh now that's good. Top work Minestrone.
    How about - the absence of an ID Card may delay your access to state benefits.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The cards will always be voluntary but they will push through some anti Money laundering legislation that means that you cannot get a financial product or open a bank account unless you have a card.

You heard it here first.
    Oh now that's good. Top work Minestrone.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    About MTTs point - how many people will it take to subvert the ID card plans? Assuming this shower are in power for the next year, I would ask how many will be able to afford 60 quid for a card. It may be a pragmatic view but I think it's likely to have a greater influence on whether people sign up or not.
    They’ll make it a condition for getting unemployment benefit and then ‘lend’ people the 60 quid to buy one; then people will have to pay interest for the privilege of being turned into lemmings.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    About MTTs point - how many people will it take to subvert the ID card plans? Assuming this shower are in power for the next year, I would ask how many will be able to afford 60 quid for a card. It may be a pragmatic view but I think it's likely to have a greater influence on whether people sign up or not.
    I expect that the month before the ID Card release they wilk announce that for a limited period you will be able to get them for 20 quid - people love a bargain - they'll be flying out.

Perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    Sorry to break it to you old bean, but not even close. People like NO2ID have been harping on about that for years.
    All over Europe ID cards are compulsory. I believe only Britain and possibly Ireland remain as the last vestiges of liberty where you can actually go outdoors without having to be able to prove your identity to some state quisling. This places a huge responsibility on the British public.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X