• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yay, some doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    At £60 each - I don't think so
    If the government are going to make these compulsory then I think that the least they can do is to make them free.

Comment

These ID cards could actually be used as a tool for mass civil disobedience and even revolution. If you can get lots of people in every major city to throw their ID cards in a large bucket, then move the buckets around the country to other cities, you can then distribute millions of ID cards in a completely random fashion. Then let people apply for other documents like driving licenses or credit cards using their ‘new’ ID cards while keeping hold of their original passports. Repeat the exercise twice for applying for other documents and the government will have no bloody clue who is who, who lives where, who has which card and the ID cards would be rendered useless. Kill the whole stupid scheme.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
        If the government are going to make these compulsory then I think that the least they can do is to make them free.
        taxpayer funded

Comment

The budget allocated for the Trident upgrade and the ID card scheme is being diverted to perfecting the Reality Bomb.

Rather than using the Planetary alignment to broadcast the DoomsDay Signal - the Reality Bomb will be delivered by a Viral Mechamism - destroying all organic material but leaving matter in an unpopulated and uninhabitaed Universe.

This will be the ultimate Doom.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
            The budget allocated for the Trident upgrade and the ID card scheme is being diverted to perfecting the Reality Bomb.

Rather than using the Planetary alignment to broadcast the DoomsDay Signal - the Reality Bomb will be delivered by a Viral Mechamism - destroying all organic material but leaving matter in an unpopulated and uninhabitaed Universe.

This will be the ultimate Doom.
            Not entirely sure what you're smokin'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              These ID cards could actually be used as a tool for mass civil disobedience and even revolution. If you can get lots of people in every major city to throw their ID cards in a large bucket, then move the buckets around the country to other cities, you can then distribute millions of ID cards in a completely random fashion. Then let people apply for other documents like driving licenses or credit cards using their ‘new’ ID cards while keeping hold of their original passports. Repeat the exercise twice for applying for other documents and the government will have no bloody clue who is who, who lives where, who has which card and the ID cards would be rendered useless. Kill the whole stupid scheme.
              You're right, the only way to stop this happening would be to tie the card to something of value to each person. Perhaps if they could not use a bank, or pay tax or something without one. No wait, we'd need some sort of global currency for that.

Or maybe we could implant the ID card on the person, by some sort of chip.

Who knows, I'm sure they'll think of something.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                Not entirely sure what you're smokin'
                Oh Sorry - I thought this was the Dr Who Forum - must have logged onto the wrong forum by mistake - promise you will all keep mum about the Reality Bomb bit ?

Wouldnt want to create a panic you see.

That said - I do have the antidote- a fiver a pop.

Toodles !

In this life, one thing counts
                In the Bank, large amounts

I'm afraid these don't grow on trees,
                You've got to pick-a-pocket or two
                Make a Pandemic or Two Boys
                A Trident Upgrade or Two Boys
                A war In Iraq or Two Boys

You've got to pick-a-pocket or two
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 May 2009, 09:15.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  You're right, the only way to stop this happening would be to tie the card to something of value to each person. Perhaps if they could not use a bank, or pay tax or something without one. No wait, we'd need some sort of global currency for that.

X-Files?

There's the prospect of tattooing everyone at birth, but I fear that'd be a bit too close to the work of those naughty, naughty chaps in SW Poland.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

As the government themselves say ´terrorists are known to use multiple identities´. So if EVERYONE uses multiple identities, the whole scheme is f##ked.

Comment

I can just imagine Bobble-eye Brown being ejected from the Commons when the retina scan on his glass eye sends the system into meltdown and he waves a report into the recession over the plate screaming 'let me in you b@stards, I admit my fingerprints are all over this'

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X