• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toilet Etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
    Worked in a place in Leicester with a sign above the sink stating, "Please do not wash your feet in the sink".

Why the flip would I want to????
    You are obviously not a good Muslim who is cleaning himself before one of his many daily prayer rituals. The worst is where you get people from places like India come in and they squat over the bowl rather than sitting down. That and a combination of "Delhi Belly" leaves a god awful mess......

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
      You are obviously not a good Muslim who is cleaning himself before one of his many daily prayer rituals. The worst is where you get people from places like India come in and they squat over the bowl rather than sitting down. That and a combination of "Delhi Belly" leaves a god awful mess......
      I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

We have pot pourri and hand lotion over in the ladies

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

In some Amsterdam bogs they have marijuana and lubricants.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

We know - that's where we take a dump when the gents is completely karked
            Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              In some Amsterdam bogs they have marijuana and lubricants.
              And a fly to aim at. In Schipol airport anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                And a fly to aim at. In Schipol airport anyway.
                True. Dutch bog manufacturers employ PhD level mathematicians from the Technical Universities of Delft and Twente to precisely calculate the optimum impact point of a stream of pee against the ceramic bowl to avoid the terrors of splashback, and then a small fly is placed at the ideal spot. I think it’s actually a British idea, but considering the many different urinal designs and modern materials this no splashback point must be calculated for each new bog design. I bet some programmer could make a fortune if he wrote an application that automatically places the fly as the graphic designer designs the shape. Maybe someone already has done though. Testing would be interesting.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                  He is Wilmslow in disguise and I claim my 5 sheets.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    I work in an IT dept at a big bank in London
                    Thought banks in the City were hiring people from red brick Unis, well mannered chaps etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      True. Dutch bog manufacturers employ PhD level mathematicians from the Technical Universities of Delft and Twente to precisely calculate the optimum impact point of a stream of pee against the ceramic bowl to avoid the terrors of splashback, and then a small fly is placed at the ideal spot. I think it’s actually a British idea, but considering the many different urinal designs and modern materials this no splashback point must be calculated for each new bog design. I bet some programmer could make a fortune if he wrote an application that automatically places the fly as the graphic designer designs the shape. Maybe someone already has done though. Testing would be interesting.
                      I imagine best would be to target almost tangent to the surface, after which the stream could be decelerated progressively. Quite unlike British ones that are flat and guarantee big puddles on the floor every time and where the patrons probably use a sink that might have been designed for the job of decelerating wee.

Comment

Working...
                      X