• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toilet Etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in an IT dept at a big bank in London and in the gent's toilets we have a huge problem with people urinating on the toilet seats and not clearing up after themselves. I find it really disgusting. On the floor below us they have obviously got the same problem as someone has stuck big notices on all the toilet doors.

The other thing that I can't stand is people hawking their phlegm up in the sinks. Double disgusting. We have a problem with that too.

I've got some antiseptic dry handwash in my desk now. I use that every time I get back to my desk as well as washing my hands. Yuk.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      The other thing that I can't stand is people hawking their phlegm up in the sinks. Double disgusting. We have a problem with that too.
      We used to get a load of that when I was at BT mainly from the large contingent of Indian workers there. It's horrible, especially when some don't even rinse it out of the sink afterwards.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Bad toilets go with the territory in our trade. Too many blokes and foreign workers without basic training. Just about every contract I've been on the bogs have been woeful. One place I even started working early, just so I could have a peaceful № 2.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Why do Indians drink hot water in the UK? I know it's supposed cool your body down when its 100C but... not very observant are they.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

To quote a letter from this month's Viz:

"There's a sign in the gents in my office which reads 'Please leave this facility as you would expect to find it'. Well I expect to wade through an inch of stale urine and find the chod bin full to the brim of bangers and mash, which I do most days. Surely the sign should read 'Please leave this facility as you would LIKE to find it.'

Comment

Originally posted by scaramanga View Post
              To quote a letter from this month's Viz:

"There's a sign in the gents in my office which reads 'Please leave this facility as you would expect to find it'. Well I expect to wade through an inch of stale urine and find the chod bin full to the brim of bangers and mash, which I do most days. Surely the sign should read 'Please leave this facility as you would LIKE to find it.'
              Worked in a place in Leicester with a sign above the sink stating, "Please do not wash your feet in the sink".

Why the flip would I want to????
              I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                Why not just shout that you are having a s_h_i_t so pi55 off.

Works for me
                WHS
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Why do Indians drink hot water in the UK? I know it's supposed cool your body down when its 100C but... not very observant are they.
                  I wondered this - After lunch they would head off to the bogs and drink from the hot water tap. I didn't think you were supposed to drink that water.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The craziest thing about toilets are the taps. Why would you want to touch a tap after people who may have had a need to do so have touched them beforehand? Taps are a sure fire means of transmitting flu and cholera/Ebola bugs, especially if you lick them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
                      Worked in a place in Leicester with a sign above the sink stating, "Please do not wash your feet in the sink".

Why the flip would I want to????

It's standard practice for muslims before prayer.

Comment

Working...
                      X