• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'd rather put my daughter to bed than be in some tuliphole B&B just so we can afford Meribel and Disney in the same year.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

would not bother me in the least & once I get my BSc it may happen - but there have been times when BBG has supported me so it is all swings & roundabouts.

does love care whos money it is as long as you are both happy?
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        How would you feel if your husband/partner/significant other, earned less than you?
        Are you comfortable with a man who is not the big earner?
        Would you expect to contribute more than he does?
        Very happy - he already does.
        Yep - why wouldn't I be?
        We split the bills 50/50 - after that what's his his and what's mine's mine.

We pool our savings for big ticket items and yes, if I had more than him I would expect to put more in.

apart from that he is a bit more of a saver than me, which makes us about equal in that area.

So it all evens out...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Last edited by east_of_the_sun; 4 December 2009, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
            would not bother me in the least & once I get my BSc it may happen - but there have been times when BBG has supported me so it is all swings & roundabouts.

does love care whos money it is as long as you are both happy?
            Oh Mrs BGG!!!! How lovely to meet you!!!

I hope I haven't already met and offended you...

Massive congratulations x x
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Earn more than me other arf, not hard, given that he's now officially redundant and always have earned more than him.

not bothered if he always earns less than me

at the moment I pay for any holidays/weekends away and generally nice things

Fully expect to start paying for everything once his meagre redundancy payment runs out in a few months if he hasn't found anything.

Tbh, as long as he's not intentionally sponging that's fine ( and makes sure my shirts are ironed, my slippers and pipe ready the martini is made when I get in and a 3 course meal on the table, not asking much really is it? )
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
              X