• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lake District....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon no chance, there are very few guest houses or hotels. Try somewhere just outside, for example on the West Coast, Gosforth or St Bees.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
      We are planning for 3 nights and 4 days. And yes we gona visit multiple places but within Lake district area (presumably thats quite big)

Thanks for your camping idea, but I have noticed that weather might be bit wet, thats why lads are not quite interested in that.

Specially, the statement on www.lake-district.gov.uk about Friday is more than enough to put us away from camping..

A brighter day with some sunshine but also a number of showers during the day. The showers will become heavy with snow above about 700M . Strong southwesterly winds across the tops along with a significant wind-chill effect.

Well that's a warning for the hill walkers that head onto the hills in jeans and trainers, a very common sight around Easter and the reason that Mountain Rescue tend to be rather busy in the spring. I've helped to pull more than my fair share of corpses and exposure victims off the hills in the Lakes and Dales over the years, rather sad really since the majority were avoidable with basic (and not that expensive) equipment, common sense and prepartion.

the bits of the lakes where people stay and camp are much lower and warmer, rain however is pretty inevitable in the Lakes and is the main reason they're there.

Modern campervans are pretty damn good and up the scale a little on the luxury front, I've never rented one, but that might be an option. Another possibility is hiring a static caravan or moored boat.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        I reckon no chance, there are very few guest houses or hotels. Try somewhere just outside, for example on the West Coast, Gosforth or St Bees.
        Yeah thats what i might have to do now....

Im able to find a place in Carlisle, seem like a decent BnB n decent price...havnt booked it yet...

Im gig-ing in Scotland and my mates are driving from London. So,theres a tug of war, whether we should go for places up North (of Lake District) or South (kinda BloackPool-ish).

Their argument is if we stay in Blackpool, we can have fun there and can drive up Lake district as well...n my argument of Carlisle is , its closer from where im at the moment...

Interestingly, there are still some spaces available in a YHA within Lake district but its a Female dorm. Im trying to assure them that we are quite decent,professional and needy people and 'sexual discrimination' is no good...but no luck yet ...

Comment

Got a place for the camper van. Looks like my lads will be seeing quite a lot of Hadrian's Wall this weekend. Which they'll be overjoyed to hear I expect.

Comment

Alright guys....

Thanks very much for all your help...

We just managed to get places in YHA Wastwater.

Gota get pair of Dr Martens now.....

Comment

Alright guys....

Thanks very much for all your help...

We just managed to get places in YHA Wastwater.

Gota get pair of Dr Martens now.....
              Take your camera, its very dramatic round there, great scenes.

Comment

Their argument is if we stay in Blackpool, we can have fun there and can drive up Lake district as well...n my argument of Carlisle is , its closer from where im at the moment...
                Really? I guess Blackpool's about as 'fun' as Magaluf.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We are planning for 3 nights and 4 days. And yes we gona visit multiple places but within Lake district area (presumably thats quite big)

Thanks for your camping idea, but I have noticed that weather might be bit wet, thats why lads are not quite interested in that.

Specially, the statement on www.lake-district.gov.uk about Friday is more than enough to put us away from camping..

A brighter day with some sunshine but also a number of showers during the day. The showers will become heavy with snow above about 700M . Strong southwesterly winds across the tops along with a significant wind-chill effect.

Striding Edge had snow on it this Sunday, just at the top though!
                  l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
                    Take your camera, its very dramatic round there, great scenes.
                    Ohh yeah obviously , thats one of the most important thing ...my mate just bought a quite expensive "business" camera ..for some serious business

Comment

Ohh yeah obviously , thats one of the most important thing ...my mate just bought a quite expensive "business" camera ..for some serious business
                      cool man, pack that wide angle lens

Comment

Working...
                      X