• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What have I posted today that could upset a mad woman?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baggy it's out of order.

The constant surveilance, trying to control your every action, taking notes on everything you say and do, reporting on you.

I told you not to vote Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      Unlike yours...
      Sorry I can't remember the name of the movie it come from.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Sorry I can't remember the name of the movie it come from.
        Fatal attraction

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
          Fatal attraction
          Did Bagpuss’s stalker look like Sharon Stone?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Mitch, WTF has that got to do with the price of carrots?
            I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Or Glenn Close maybe?

Comment

This freaked me out because it very accurately describes the MO

Two common traits of stalkers are that they are intelligent and self-centered.
                They are quite talented and dogged at tracking down the object of their warped affection, and they see nothing wrong in what they do.
                No matter how strenuously you may reject a stalker, they will never surrender the notion that you will come to your senses, give in to their pursuit, and fall in love with them.
                It is quite likely they have no friends; their only "relationship" is with you.
                They is likely to have few, if any, social skills, tend to be a loner, and typically they have low self-esteem; should you make the mistake of showing them some affection, rather than them accepting it, it is equally possible they will consider it a sham and accuse you of mocking them.
                They can become angry and abusive in a flash.
                Stalkers come in three flavors. There is the delusional type, also known as the erotomaniac, with whom you have never had a relationship and never will; the hangdog with whom you have broken up but who refuses to believe the affair is over, and the stalker intent on vengeance for the pain he believes you have caused them. Both the delusional stalker and the hangdog stalker have the potential to become vengeful stalkers.
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 March 2009, 15:41.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Bagpuss - I'm desperately sorry to hear of your plight. I've had a similar event recently with someone who is now being extremely quiet - so quiet, in fact, that I'm concerned about what else they might be up to.

Here's a couple of websites that I found via the FWSE:

http://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic...Title=Stalking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/yorks...g_advice.shtml

The first is obviously seen from the female perspective although TBH I believe that men are just as likely to be the victims of this as women.

HTH.

Comment

... A sandwich short of a picnic...
                    She's Becontree. Two stops beyond Barking.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cheers for that Menelaus. I've never had anything like this before, it's getting quite stressful. Luckily I have a manager who understands, infact he was a victim of stalking himself, albeit someone he knew.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X