• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad News..Good News..Bad News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope it's working alongside some energy traders
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
      Nestle by any chance?
      Yep - doing GLOBE work - great contracts.

Happy times....
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Yes cheap guest houses in France.

Just one point if you stay in France you may become tax resident. But your Swiss income will not be taxed in France, though you may have to fill out a French tax form. You are taxed where you work not where you live.

I knew plenty of French commuting to Luxembourg, so I'm reliabily informed on this point.

I'm dual resident in Germany and Switzerland. My Swiss income is not taxed in Germany, but I'm obliged to declare it.

Bon Chance
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Yes cheap guest houses in France.

Just one point if you stay in France you may become tax resident. But your Swiss income will not be taxed in France, though you may have to fill out a French tax form. You are taxed where you work not where you live.

I knew plenty of French commuting to Luxembourg, so I'm reliabily informed on this point.

I'm dual resident in Germany and Switzerland. My Swiss income is not taxed in Germany, but I'm obliged to declare it.

Bon Chance

You'll never become tax resident in France if you just stay in a cheapy hotel and commute to Switzerland. If you register yourself there then of course that is a different thing altogether, but that would be a pretty stupid thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            You'll never become tax resident in France if you just stay in a cheapy hotel and commute to Switzerland. If you register yourself there then of course that is a different thing altogether, but that would be a pretty stupid thing to do.
            WHS+ pour contract jusque 8 semain, ce n'est pas possible!

Comment

I got the gig - no time spent on the bench and the best rate I've had ever. So now it's off to Geneva. I've looked at the hotels in Geneva and it looks bleeding expensive to stay there, so I think I'm going to book into that hotel Cyberman suggested.

Now I get to relax until my new one starts on April Fools Day!!!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Congratulations.
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Cheers - I had a call from the Indian guy they replaced me with yesterday asking for help on my old job. So at that point I was out of work and this clown calls me from India to help him to do my old job. It was a short conversation.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    Cheers - I had a call from the Indian guy they replaced me with yesterday asking for help on my old job. So at that point I was out of work and this clown calls me from India to help him to do my old job. It was a short conversation.
                    No need to be hasty, I'm sure you could have offered call-centre support to him for your usual hourly rate (which is maybe double his).

Although this way, the client might offer you double to go repair the damage this knownowt does.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. They never ever learn
                    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
                      No need to be hasty, I'm sure you could have offered call-centre support to him for your usual hourly rate (which is maybe double his).
                      He is paid about $800 a month and has none of the skills needed to do the job he has taken over. As far as I'm concerned I have shown him what he needs to do. The fact is a number of his tasks fall outside this script and he hasn't got a chance of meeting the requirements. But that isn't my problem. If they need me then I'll happily quote to fix any issues this guy produces, but they won't.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X