• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The bluffers guide to football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Are you trying to get my contract terminated?
    Just smack them if they’re difficult about it. They’re shirtlifting footballers anyway, so they’ll run off home and pull a sickie to cry to their mummies if you clip them round the ear.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Read the BBC transfer rumours daily and mention one each day.

Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Just smack them if they’re difficult about it. They’re shirtlifting footballers anyway, so they’ll run off home and pull a sickie to cry to their mummies if you clip them round the ear.
        HR

I dont care about my fellow workers. Its my timesheet signer who worries me. I suppose I can resort to bribery or threats.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          HR

I dont care about my fellow workers. Its my timesheet signer who worries me. I suppose I can resort to bribery or threats.....
          Threats it is then. Footballers tend to fall over if you make a kicking motion within 7 feet of their shins. Any closer than 3 feet and they’ll need to be carried off on s stretcher.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Five golden rules:

1. It's pronounced "Man Yew"

2. Don't worry, it is OK to call footballers overpaid, cheating, shirtlifters

3. It is cooler to support the likes of Rochdale, Notts County or Swindon than a Premier League team. It is also far cheaper.

4. It is naff to say you support one of the "Big Four", who are Man Yew, The Arse, Chelski and FC Gerrard

5. If you insist on saying you support Man Yew, you must carefully construct a story to explain why. Sitting on your grandad's knee when they won the European Cup in 1968 is a favourite, as is having a relative who once passed through south-east Lancashire. Never, ever admit that you are a saddo who wants the reflected glory of Man Yew's constant success to lighten up your otherwise boring and non-achieving persona.

HTH

Comment

Help is at hand

It's all covered here

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...normal-big-man

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Although you are a southerner and lots of ManU fans are from your neck of the woods...

Christ, I was married to a City fan for way too long
                Liverpool or Man U
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  5. If you insist on saying you support Man Yew, you must carefully construct a story to explain why. Sitting on your grandad's knee when they won the European Cup in 1968 is a favourite, as is having a relative who once passed through south-east Lancashire. Never, ever admit that you are a saddo who wants the reflected glory of Man Yew's constant success to lighten up your otherwise boring and non-achieving persona.

HTH
                  Actually with me it was reading about the Busby babes and the sad story of the Munich Air disaster at the age of 9.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have a friend from darn sarf who supports Liverpool, in fact i know a few that do. Anyway this one guy supports Liverpool because he saw them thrash Southampton when he was a kid. Another (from Oxford) supported Liverpool because he older cousin said he would kick his head in if he didn't.

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This might help, it's meant for 'wimin' but it should help... substitute shoes for pie or something.

You’re in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have. The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes. The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you. If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes. At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes. Always remembering that until the purse had *actually been thrown* it would be plain wrong to push in front of the other shopper.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X