• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best family car for £6K?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mondeo or Primera as previously stated.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by dezze View Post
      I have a feeling I may get flamed for this but...

I bought a brand new Hyundai Getz last year for just over 6k, with 5 year warrenty. It's not huge, but I'm 6' 5" and I can sit comfortably in both the front and the back. 4 people can sit in no problem. Nice little runner too.

Hasn't got a huge boot thou.

Just a thought.
      Nice car but consumes a little too much fuel for the size, isn't it?

I really cannot believe these questions on what's the best car for XXXX amount of money..... they are really meaningless. There are at least a dozen of factors when choosing the car that can make turn the options values up and down... example, I have a small baby and the pram takes the whole boot of a decent size car, for as much as I'd like the Hyundai it would not be a practical choice. Other factors, can be where do you go with the car (roads, mountains, etc.)?How many kms? How long you plan to keep? Which area you live in (high or low risk of theft)? and so on....

I woder if the people who make such question also work in such an approximate way....
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        Nice car but consumes a little too much fuel for the size, isn't it?
        Francko, did you spend some time in Wales isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
          Francko, did you spend some time in Wales isn't it?

Cymru am bith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Cymru am byth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Actually I'm not sure anymore
            Last edited by Pondlife; 20 March 2009, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Alla i ddim siarad Cymraeg yn dda

Ble' mae'r toiled?

Comment

Range Rover.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

And how much is the road tax?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                    Range Rover.
                    Ferrari (the cost covers all the instruments needed for stealing it)

Comment

I woder if the people who make such question also work in such an approximate way....

Not everyone is a low-level detail-oriented junior geeky programmer like you, isn't it?
                      Some people have to have vision and leadership and see the bigger picture, isn't it?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X