• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 stupid rule change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    They should include your (slightly altered by me) clause in software licenses. You know, the things you're supposed to read before you agree to install a software product. I wonder how long it would be before someone in the whole wide world spotted it and didn't press 'agree' anyway?
    It took 3000 downloads before anyone read this one .
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisl View Post
      If there are no rewards for finishing in 2nd backwards, will that not just mean that say Lewis or Rikonnon are running in 10th and its 20laps before the end of the race, they will just think to themselves, im not going to get anything here so i might as well retire and save my engine for the next race.

I can just see loads of cars pulling out because its pointless for them to run from 5th onwards as they have little chance of winning the race.

Might aswell wait for the next race and try again to start in a better position or not be low down the grid.
      Are non-winning driver championship places decided on race wins too? e.g. for a driver that does not win the championship, does a single race win put him higher up the leader board than a zillion second place finishes by another driver?

Comment

If it's all about race wins, why not just have a single race to decide the world championship? It would save everyone a lot of time and money.

I always thought it was about the team strategy, mechanics, technicians and drivers over the whole season, but what do I know.

The rule change is stupid and should be rescinded.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by chrisl View Post
          If there are no rewards for finishing in 2nd backwards, will that not just mean that say Lewis or Rikonnon are running in 10th and its 20laps before the end of the race, they will just think to themselves, im not going to get anything here so i might as well retire and save my engine for the next race.

I can just see loads of cars pulling out because its pointless for them to run from 5th onwards as they have little chance of winning the race.

Might aswell wait for the next race and try again to start in a better position or not be low down the grid.
          Prize money, which is quite substantial, is awarded for points, so drivers pulling out will cost their team money.

Points will decide who is champion and other placings if two or more have the same number of race wins. Two drivers having the same number of wins is far more likely than the previous system (where race wins decided the placings if drivers were level on points). There is substantial prize money for higher placings too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Are non-winning driver championship places decided on race wins too? e.g. for a driver that does not win the championship, does a single race win put him higher up the leader board than a zillion second place finishes by another driver?
            I think so.

Comment

They only changed the points system in the first place to combat the brilliance/dominance of Schumacher.

Hamilton would have been runner up under the old rules, and rightly so.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                They only changed the points system in the first place to combat the brilliance/dominance of Schumacher.

That's impossible to say - because if the rules were different, then the teams would have reacted differently.

Hamilton and McLaren did what they needed to win the championship. As it happened, they played it too safe and nearly lost it.

If Hamilton had needed to finish 3rd in the final race, then McLaren would have played a different strategy. Maybe it would have worked, maybe not. We'll never know...

You can't replay the game using different rules - unless those playing the game have no idea what the rules are in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  If these rules were in place last year Lewis would have won far sooner.

He's not one for 'racing for points' but has had to do it up till now.

Shame his car looks a bit under average this year - gives button a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by Guinness_Cat View Post
                    If these rules were in place last year Lewis would have won far sooner.

He's not one for 'racing for points' but has had to do it up till now.

Shame his car looks a bit under average this year - gives button a chance...
                    He would have lost last year.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      He would have lost last year.
                      Nope - he would have driven to win rather than for points.

He's naturally an aggressive driver anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X