• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just accepted an offer from the dark side

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Snaw if you look at the top of this forum it says "Contractor UK, the IT Contractor Portal".

Hehe, I was waiting for that post.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      Reluctantly, but this is the worst market I've ever seen for contracting - not had a sniff, not an interview, nada on the contract side. And I'm a CCIE ffs, thought that'd get me through most doors.

Oh well, sick pay and training I suppose. And tax, and answering to the man, and 4 weeks holiday a year.

Why am I not feeling happier about it - it is a good job, just all the b)llocks that comes with permie that's leaving me less than enthused ...

I give me a year max, see this out then back in with both feet first.
      Welcome.

Would say misery loves company but am really enjoying my permie stint. Haven't been so chilled in ages.

Comment

Reluctantly, but this is the worst market I've ever seen for contracting - not had a sniff, not an interview, nada on the contract side. And I'm a CCIE ffs, thought that'd get me through most doors.

Oh well, sick pay and training I suppose. And tax, and answering to the man, and 4 weeks holiday a year.

Why am I not feeling happier about it - it is a good job, just all the b)llocks that comes with permie that's leaving me less than enthused ...

I give me a year max, see this out then back in with both feet first.
        I hope it works out : the very best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I hope it works out : the very best of luck.
          WHS

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Welcome.

Would say misery loves company but am really enjoying my permie stint. Haven't been so chilled in ages.
          Bloody hell - you seem so chilled you might aswell be horizontal Could you get more chilled?
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            WHS

Bloody hell - you seem so chilled you might aswell be horizontal Could you get more chilled?
            I struggle to get worked up about work.

Comment

Reluctantly.
              Good luck ! It is nothing to be ashamed of, some people just aren't cut out for contracting.

Comment

Welcome to the Dark Side

Like you I'm taking cover from a crap market and getting in some training. Off on the ITIL foundation next month and with a bit of luck practitioner after that.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  Good luck ! It is nothing to be ashamed of, some people just aren't cut out for contracting.
                  Indeed.

Good to know there are some things in life you can always depend on.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Why only 4 weeks leave a year?

Good luck BTW. I don't think that you will be the last one here...

Comment

How many times do I have to say it permie land is a con trick.

Start in a place permie and you have no employee rights for the first year (you can get chucked out and the employer doesn't even have to give a reason).

Or if you work there for 1 year you get 1 months redundancy pay (taxed) and then they chuck you out.

zero bonuses and you are expected to work Saturdays etc. its just a load of bullocks, people trying to make you feel that you are part of something when you don't even own the chair that you sit on or the pen at your desk that you write with.

No promotion prospects, no training. You are only there to make a manager look good in meetings.

Comment

Working...
                      X