• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here own a gun?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    And yet another American shooting Linky, but hey it's only someone elses kids.
    So, this was a serious poll?
    No, guns have no place in a civilised society.
    Yes, it makes me hard… like a real man.
    AndyW’s guns <kiss, kiss> are all I need.
    Last edited by Churchill; 11 March 2009, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
      Does an air rifle count?
      Originally posted by crimdon View Post
      I've only ever fired air weapons and wouldn't count them as real guns. Though modern air rifles can be really powerfull.
      I'm guessing he can't answer that question given the lack of basic knowledge about firearms.

I guess - given the thread title is about 'guns' then No, they do not count on the basis they have rifling inside the barrel making them technically a 'rifle' not a gun.
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
        I'm guessing he can't answer that question given the lack of basic knowledge about firearms.

I guess - given the thread title is about 'guns' then No, they do not count on the basis they have rifling inside the barrel making them technically a 'rifle' not a gun.
        What a load of bollocks!

Comment

Why would anyone need a gun in Britain?

http://i43.tinypic.com/x4rndd.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
            Why would anyone need a gun in Britain?

http://i43.tinypic.com/x4rndd.jpg
            Yes, the guy would have been much easier to handle had he been carrying an Uzi 7mm.

Comment

Never thought about that distinction. Though there appears to be a limit of 12 feet per sec for rifles and 6 for pistols before a firearms cert is needed.

One of my mates brothers is right into air rifles and was saying last night a guy at his club is paying £900 for one.

I'm hoping to have a go at clay pigeon shooting this summer if my mate organises it.

Comment

Oh FFS lighten up I can't be on here 24/7... no an air riffle doesn't count.

Yes this was prompted by two news stories where innocent civilians have been needlessly slaughtered.

I am talking about the sort of people who get a hardon when they talk about handguns/automatic weapons and I guess most people knew that but again the pedants come out in force.

This board has gone to the dogs.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Yes, the guy would have been much easier to handle had he been carrying an Uzi 7mm.

Uzi 9mm muddafhooker

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon View Post
                    Never thought about that distinction. Though there appears to be a limit of 12 feet per sec for rifles and 6 for pistols before a firearms cert is needed.

One of my mates brothers is right into air rifles and was saying last night a guy at his club is paying £900 for one.

I'm hoping to have a go at clay pigeon shooting this summer if my mate organises it.
                    12 Feet Pounds!

FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
                      It's much easier if you become a Mason
                      Or live in Switzerland for five years. I just go to the local police, fill in a form, go to gun shop with authorised form, hand over a couple of hundred Swiss Francs, and, bingo, I've got a gun. Not that I want one, though.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X