• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here own a gun?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You don't want to be shooting a stag with a shotgun.
    Try and get closer then, give the poor fecker a chance.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

This is a very manly thread, can we beat our chests like Tarzan?

Comment

Where's the 'Yes - it's very useful for controlling the vermin (including squirrels) and hunting Game to feed the family' option?
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Does an air rifle count?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
            Where's the 'Yes - it's very useful for controlling the vermin (including squirrels) and hunting Game to feed the family' option?
            He hasn't thought the poll through. It appears to be a knee-jerk reaction to the story about the German kid having a killing spree. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7936817.stm

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Same old same old.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
              Not in Peckham high street it's not.... oh hang on I've changed my mind.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                Does an air rifle count?
                I've only ever fired air weapons and wouldn't count them as real guns. Though modern air rifles can be really powerfull.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  He hasn't thought the poll through. It appears to be a knee-jerk reaction to the story about the German kid having a killing spree. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7936817.stm

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Same old same old.
                  And yet another American shooting Linky, but hey it's only someone elses kids.

Comment

I have two shotguns (and over 1000 rounds of shells at home) and an air rifle. How else can I keep the pimps at bay !

On a serious note, the hoops you have to jump through to get a firearms license are good. Even down to an interview at your home, medical reports, interview with a know friend, but not family, interview with your gun club etc.
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

It's much easier if you become a Mason

Comment

Working...
                      X