• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Kindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh the irony of the US being such a doyen of literacy !
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      Oh the irony of the US being such a doyen of literacy !
      So who published your Great American Novel?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        The Kindle screen can stay on without power IIRC meaning you can read real slow. Laptops aren't cut out for this, they all would run out of battery if you wanted to read a whole book over a weekend...
        really slowly

I read ebooks on my Sony-Ericsson p910i. Works fine, perfectly comfortable.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Stephen Fry has one and seems to love it.
          Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

The choir boy thread was last week.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Are you too 'ard to read?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

wHOOSH, I am sure there is someone who reads this forum who understands what you have typed here.

Means tulip all to me.
                Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Working...
                X