• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Going Forward..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we stop talking about Palestine and get back to slagging off dipsticks who talk corporate jargon?

Really, there's not enough timeboxing going on here and we should all concentrate on our deliverables.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
      I would expect this from somone with a lack of true understanding, and from someone who confides in wikipedia...
      Please explain why the Wikipedia article is wrong and why I lack understanding.
      BTW I don't "confide" in Wikipedia, I read it.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I don't quite know how to console the guy.
        Tell him:

"Going forward you'll look back and realise that things could have been worse."
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Can we stop talking about Palestine and get back to slagging off dipsticks who talk corporate jargon?

Really, there's not enough timeboxing going on here and we should all concentrate on our deliverables.
          Yes I think that's a good idea mate! Well said...

Comment

invoicing
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Ok how long is it ok to call the residents of one country or another invaders rather than natives?

Every continent (barring Antarctica) and every country that I can think of has been invaded and occupied at some point (or repeatedly) over history, there has to be a point at which people accept that it's a done deal and just get on with life rather than perpetuate the hatred.
              I don't know how true it is (and I've not checked it out before posting) but I'm sure I read that Thailand is the only sovereign country that has never been sucessfully invaded and it's ruling head of state overthrown. Obviously it's borders will have shifted over time but even Alexander the Great didn't get that far - and he was pretty good at the whole merger thing (well, until he died anyway).
              Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
                Yes I think that's a good idea mate! Well said...
                Good cop out.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
                  I don't know how true it is (and I've not checked it out before posting) but I'm sure I read that Thailand is the only sovereign country that has never been sucessfully invaded and it's ruling head of state overthrown. Obviously it's borders will have shifted over time but even Alexander the Great didn't get that far - and he was pretty good at the whole merger thing (well, until he died anyway).
                  What about Greenland? (or was that invaded by the Danes?)
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

The curious thing I have noticed, is that all the people I have met who tend to use phrases like "going forward" and the like, tend to be middle management or higher, and on incredibly good rates / salaries.

So, if you want to earn better rates, you've need a holistic, cradle-to-grave approach where you target the low-hanging fruit, by actioning a new paradigm of conversation, which going forward, will incentivise your remuneration and life-affirming goals.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                      What about Greenland? (or was that invaded by the Danes?)
                      Not sure. I think the only place invaded by those great Danes is the Isle of dogs.
                      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X