• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Going Forward..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Someone once said 'We're all Palestinian', but he's a complete cunt.
    I see you've still got your foul mouth...You should stay quiet if you have nothing useful to say - did your mum never teach you that?

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
      U mean like "ratewhore"? Yeh I know what you mean...
      Why is your avatar a Pelestinian flag?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I guess he just doesn't have that blue sky thinking and the view from 30,000 feet. Going forward, he'll have to get with the program.
        I can imagine you speaking like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
          U mean like "ratewhore"? Yeh I know what you mean...
          I can see what you did there. That was a good one, well done!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Why is your avatar a Pelestinian flag?
            It's actually a ribbon, in the colours of a Palestinian flag.

Why? To show my support against the occupiers of their land...

Comment

Once, a long time ago in permieland, I was called into the a meeting room by my boss and I was made redundant. His first words to me in that meeting were...

"Going forward".
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Guys were not all singing from the same hymn sheet at the moment.
                Perhaps we can address the going forward?
                Originally posted by cailin maith
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                  Once, a long time ago in permieland, I was called into the a meeting room by my boss and I was made redundant. His first words to me in that meeting were...

"Going forward".
                  Yesterday when I was told (as I already knew) that my contract won't be renewed at the end of the month the manager here said with startling honesty '<clientco> is in deep trouble right now. I'm not allowed to renew contractors and I probably won't have a job in a month's time'.

It was surreal; there was I, fairly cheerful to know that the most boring contract of my life is coming to an end, and there's the manager with tears in his eyes and probably three colours of tulip in his pants at the thought of unemployment, a mortgage and two kids who've just started university.

I don't quite know how to console the guy.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

take him out and get him a joint and a hooker!

Comment

It always amazes me the amount of times I sit in meetings and have to listen to normally intelligent adult human beings degrade themselves by spouting this sort of tulip. Normally as will when they are in front of their line managers etc.

It is one of my pet theories that projects go wrong because no-one can really understand each other over all of the pseudo-bollox that they shovel.
                      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X