• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide House Price Index for Feb - Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes its amazing how stupid people are.
    I have grown us to it.

Comment

why do people think that voting on something like this is whorthwhile?

(I can see that asking for opinions on what's going to happen over 12 months is useful, but voting on what's going to happen next week is silly IMHO)

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
        why do people think that voting on something like this is whorthwhile?

(I can see that asking for opinions on what's going to happen over 12 months is useful, but voting on what's going to happen next week is silly IMHO)

tim
        It's just a bit of fun.

Blimey. What's up with this place.

Comment

Well, the correct answer was a fall of 1.8%, so I'd say DimPrawn, oracleslave, Ravello are the winners!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            It will be out around the end of Feb, 1st few days of March.

Who knows. Everyone seems to be pointing to a partial recovery in house prices but I think it's just fookwits diving in too early and paying too much.
            It's out now.

Down 1.8%.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              It's out now.

Down 1.8%.
              This is good news.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                It's out now.

Down 1.8%.
                So who won? Is it thaose who voted for down -1.5% or -2%+?

Next time DP needs to think the poll options more carefully......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  So who won? Is it thaose who voted for down -1.5% or -2%+?

Next time DP needs to think the poll options more carefully......
                  Sorry. Please accept my resignation.

Comment

More good news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7910329.stm
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I remember in the late 80's when I first started working, that if you had a spare 60k to spend you could chose between a brand new Porsche 911 or a house - buying outright that is.

The 90's and the 00's put paid to that choice as you could only choose the car!

I wonder how long or if we will ever see price parity between a 1 bed starter home and the lovely 911 again?

Comment

Working...
                      X